Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Damaged abs?

Catarina88
Catarina88
Australia
2008/12/05, 08:37 AM
Hey, i really hope there isn't a thread for this already, if there is, i apologise.
For about the past four days i've felt like a tighteness/ pain/ tearing in my lower left abdominal muscles, i joked to some1 and said i've got a hernia, you know that sort of location, although i'm near absolutely positive it isn't! (No lumps or swellings or anything)
What exercise should i do to 'rest' it, if thats what it needs. I workout 6 days a week, sunday being rest day, I do 2 weight sessions a week, all over workout, plus cardio. Other days i do at least 2 body attack classes a week, or/ plus 1-2 hours cardio and once a week i do a begginers yoga class. Alot of the exercise i do seems so involve my core, (i feel it even if its just press ups) what could i do to avoid damaging it anymore but maintain my fitness? Many thanks!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/12/05, 08:43 AM
if it persists you should get it checked out by your dr. Rest and ice it until it is less sore, the way you describe it as tearing is not good. Though that is how i describe the nerve related pain i get in my hamstring/calf occasionally so...

again = we can't possibly diagnose things online.... rest for a few days, maybe light cardio and see if it gets better.

i did have a client who had pain upon any abdominal involving movements, even just breath stabilization for lifting/pressing..she did have a hernia - and no lumps or bulges externally...so you may want to get it checked just in case.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield
Catarina88
Catarina88
Australia
2008/12/05, 08:48 AM
Thankyou, quick response!! really appreciated.
I'll see how it goes and let you know what happens. Thankyou again!
(btw, just looked at your pictures and i'm sure ppl have said it before, but high 5 on your transformation! Its a good insentive! I wouldn't of believed it had you not had tats, haha!:) )
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/12/05, 08:50 AM
:)