Group: Daily / Weekly Weigh-In .. ACCOUNTABILITY

Created: 2012/01/26, Members: 709, Messages: 698

Official FreeTrainers Community weigh-in to stay on track .. plus weight loss challenges!

Join group

Sticky DAILY / WEEKLY CHECK IN: Post your weight here

1 2 3 4 5 of 43 pages resultset_next resultset_last
george
george
Canada
2012/01/26, 07:09 PM (Edited: george - 2012/01/27, 11:03 AM)
DEAR GROUP MEMBER, GET INVOLVED BY POSTING YOUR WEIGHT - BE ACCOUNTABLE.

(Daily or weekly or as often as you wish to share your progress, get motivation & inspire others)

A daily, weekly or monthly weigh in is a good way to check your progress and stay on track.. or find out how to get back on track! Let's all stick together and help each other get to our final destination!

Here are a few basic rules to follow when posting please:

1. Join the group by posting a brief introduction about yourself, your goals, motivation and plan of attack! POST IT IN THIS THREAD

2. Participate as often as you wish, the more the better even if is to encourage and motivate others. Weigh in by posting your current weight along with your starting weight and goal weight.

3. The group will also have a general weigh-in EVERY MONDAY. You are not required to post on this day, but if you decide to weigh yourself once a week, this is the time to do it.

Everybody is welcome in this group - and you don't need to be trying to LOSE WEIGHT, you can also join if you are trying to GAIN WEIGHT.

Best of luck everyone and let's stay positive, helpful and successful!
george
george
Canada
2012/01/27, 11:11 AM (Edited: george - 2012/01/27, 11:12 AM)
Original post by crushedgoddess:

I am a 31 year old woman who allowed her body to turn to mush. I have always been on the heavier side of the scale but a few years ago I let it balloon out of control. I was involved in a bad marriage and ate my way through it. I topped the scales at 287 pounds, my biggest, even after having two kids. Now, I am at 203 but I seemed to have stopped losing the weight. My doctor put me on a 1200 calorie a day diet and from what I understand lowering it anymore would put my health in danger which kind of negates the point of losing the weight.

My goals are to lose between 45 to 50 pounds. For some reason, when I go below 140 pounds I just look and feel sick. I have several inspirations. My mother is one of them. She weighs in at 350 pounds and is constantly complaining of joint pain and is battling many health issues that are brought on by the weight. I look at her and beg God to not let me end up like that. My kids are another ispiration. I have two very active little boys. I want to be able to keep up with them. Show them a few new tricks that they would never expect from mom. My final inspiration is my fiance. Although I know he loves me, I have outside competition and want to keep his interest. He is several years younger than I and is a bouncer on Bourbon Street, New Orleans. Although I know he comes home to me every night, I want to make sure, when he is surrounded by skinny half-naked women, that he has a reason to come home. I also want to inspire him to take better care of himself. His father has high blood pressure, diabetes, and heart disease. I do not want him to suffer from any of these if they can be avoided by a healthier lifestyle.

Basically, I am sick and tired of being the fat chick!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the group and FreeTrainers! First, congrats on your amazing progress and current weight - it's obvious you have the will and determination to get it done. Your story and inspiration are moving, thank you for sharing.

1200 calories is on the low side. How many meals per day are you currently eating? The ideal is about 6 consisting of breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack (optional). Eating this often increases your metabolism, as compared to 2-3 big meals a day which actually slows it down. Portions should be small, or ideal for your requirements.

I would perhaps increase the caloric intake so you feel healthy and instead burn the extra calories through fitness. Our home based free exercise plans (Exercise > Find a workout) are a great start. Basic dumbbells, exercise ball or exercise bands at various levels.

Keep us posted!

Also consider joining our daily check-in challenges group http://www.freetrainers.com/community/groups/52/
george
george
Canada
2012/01/27, 03:24 PM
Starting posting everyone.. if you JOIN THE GROUP don't be shy.. if you want support and motivation you need to say hello.

We're here to HELP.. come on in!
crushedgoddess
crushedgoddess
United States
2012/01/27, 09:51 PM
George,
I do not actually eat meals although I cook them for my family. In order to stay within the calorie limit, I munch throughout the day. My doctor put me on this limit about a year ago and insists that it is okay for me to continue. I have to admit, I have questioned the judgement call there a couple of times. By about one in the afternoon, I feel so fatigued that I have to lie down and nap and I cannot help but notice this did not start happening until the calorie limit began. In your opinion, how much of an increase would be okay without having negative effects?

I have pulled the at home workout sheets and they are great but I do not seem to have figured out yet how to adjust them for me. Several years ago I had knee surgery to repair a torn ACL. During the procudure they found that I had actually damaged most of my cartilidge in that knee as well. I use a brace every time I exercise but it still only lets me push it so far. I was always told burning good, pain not good. Is this correct? I do walk the track at the park every day and am attempting to jog bits of it now. That darn knee only lets me push so far. But the good thing about an arthritic knee, I know when the weather man is wrong.
kimboslice23
kimboslice23
United States
2012/01/29, 01:23 AM
190 - weekly weigh in
george
george
Canada
2012/01/29, 07:09 AM
Welcome to the check-in gorup Kim!
mpope72
mpope72
United States
2012/01/29, 06:07 PM
I weigh myself EVERY Wednesday morning. Kinda dreding this Wedneday with the fact I have been eating Crappy the last 2 weeks. What the Heck am I doing to myself?????? I know what to do why can't I get back on track????
george
george
Canada
2012/01/30, 06:59 AM
Sometimes it comes down to being prepared and making the time in our busy schedules. With foods, try cooking for a few days at a time, pack it in tupperware containers and have it ready to go for each day. With fitness or the gym, pencil it in to your schedule and stick with it.

How's everyone doing? Join the group and start being accountable with your goals with everyone.
Opheliapatches
Opheliapatches
Canada
2012/02/01, 01:01 PM
Hello. I am just starting on the yearly removal of my winter layer. I weigh 134 today and could happily lose 5 pounds, but we'll see about 10 or 15? I have been eating well, but I know that to take of the excess I need to up the activity level. The plan is to start running again, and do home exercises. I have never been a part of an online group like this so we will see if it helps?
george
george
Canada
2012/02/01, 01:43 PM
Welcome to the group! The first walk or home workout can be a tough step but once you do it once, then again and again and start to see the results it will become easier.

Be sure to check back often, post your progress (good and bad) and follow along what others are doing.

Remember, staying involved is what makes this whole process easier..
1 2 3 4 5 of 43 pages resultset_next resultset_last