Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 38, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

combining ME and DE

danny_tuff
danny_tuff
Australia
2008/05/30, 03:34 AM
ive been looking at the template for westside and found a 9 week beginner program but as i am in season atm i cant workout legs twice i week due to the nature of my sport and was wondering if there was anyway to combine ME and DE to get the best of both of them without comprmoising the other too much.
would u do them together with same/different excercises
rotate them fortnightly??

any thoughts are appreciated

--------------
OBSESSION is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/05/30, 09:21 AM
The WS4SB3 program takes that into consideration. Joe DeFranco doesnt' think that most skinny guys can stand two days a week under the bar so he works in jumps or sprints on an off day. Look into that on DeFranco's website.
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/05/30, 09:53 AM
If you are doing a sport, depending on the sport you may be doing enough speed work already. That is why Joe only includes 1 lower body day, because athletes already do a lot of leg training, not because they are skinny.

If you decide you can handle combining them, you could just work up in weight doing triples, etc, from 40% up to 90%, taking longer rests as the weight gets heavier, but focusing on bar speed on every rep.

You could also do speed work as a warm up, or after your ME work.

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
danny_tuff
danny_tuff
Australia
2008/05/31, 09:20 PM
its actually the first ws4sb that has just the one lower body ecle but thanks but in that one day theres a max effort lift but no speed work. Wrestler i like the idea of doing them as a warm up as ive heard many people feel strong after doing them as it preps the body.

General guide lines seem to be somewhere around 8X3 with approx 55% so i was thinking of cutting thatto say 5-6X3 then instead of an outright max work at getting 3 sets over 90%???

--------------
OBSESSION is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED