Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Cardio Exercises??

Moonaria
Moonaria
United States
2003/01/14, 12:08 AM
I'm on a general fitness and to0ning program, and the 12 week ab program but I'd like to add some cardio to lose some extra weight. I don't have a gym membership of any kind andf cold weather and I don't get along. I need some ideas for some exercises I can do in my own living room without having to purchase anything just yet. Any suggestions?? All I can come up with is jumping jacks.

Also I want to know when to do cardio. I'm thinking three days a week to start. my shcedule right now is normal work out monday, wensday, and friday, and abs on wensday and saturday. since I'm busy I was thinking arobics on tuesdays, thuresdays and sundays?? Any suggestions??

Thanks Michelle
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/01/14, 01:29 AM
What about those home fitness videos?
You can also dance or run up and down the stairs.

You can do your abs with your fitness and toning routine and you can do 20-35 mins of cardio whenever you can (NOT before the weight training but after yes)

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/01/14, 01:31 AM
Moonaria, I just read your profile, go to the female forum and you'll get some great info about how to sculpt a beautiful female body! (o;
Good luck!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
Shaolin
Shaolin
Canada
2003/01/18, 02:20 AM
id recommend some GPP (general physical preparedness)

e.g.
Perform each drill for 30 seconds in continuous fashion. If possible, do so without stopping. If rest is needed between sets, use 60 seconds maximum.

A) Jumping jacks
B) Shuffle splits
C) Vertical hopping
D) Slalom (side to side) jumping

Each set takes two minutes to perform. Repeat five times for a total of ten work minutes.

Check out this article if ur willing to read.
http://www.testosterone.net/html/body_146gpp.html
carl.rice
carl.rice
United States
2003/01/23, 12:06 PM
Philia had a good idea with videos. I used to do Tae Bo with my wife (when I was married) Videos are much more fun than regular callestenics (sp?) especially if you have some to do them with.

--------------
keep on trying
goyabean
goyabean
United States
2003/01/26, 11:04 PM
I just thought I would suggest just turning on some latin music and see what happens. For the most part people can not listen to latin (salsa/merengue)music and keep still. So turn it on and crank it up dance around the house until you can't anymore...you will see that no matter how you try to sit down as long as it's playing you just can't do it. A good cd to try out is Elvis Crespo Suavemente! you won't be disappointed!

============
Quoting from moonaria:

I'm on a general fitness and to0ning program, and the 12 week ab program but I'd like to add some cardio to lose some extra weight. I don't have a gym membership of any kind andf cold weather and I don't get along. I need some ideas for some exercises I can do in my own living room without having to purchase anything just yet. Any suggestions?? All I can come up with is jumping jacks.

Also I want to know when to do cardio. I'm thinking three days a week to start. my shcedule right now is normal work out monday, wensday, and friday, and abs on wensday and saturday. since I'm busy I was thinking arobics on tuesdays, thuresdays and sundays?? Any suggestions??

Thanks Michelle

=============