Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Cardio before or after weights?

soccerfreak
soccerfreak
United States
2009/05/10, 09:18 AM
I work overnights and at my work station there is a treadmill atttached to the computer desk (I work in a office). I always walk an hour a night before I leave work (the max speed is 2mph) and then I go to the gym at my work. I run before I lift weights, usually a mile at 6.5 mph. My question is should I run after or before I lift weights? Im asking because the 2 mile walk is a decent warm and can get the blood flowing before I lift weights. Any guidance?
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2009/05/10, 09:32 AM
I tell people to do their heavy duty cardio AFTER weights. If you run for five miles, you sometimes won't have the energy to lift heavy things... but, you can still do cardio after you lift heavy things. A cardio warmup, however, is a good thing. Usually five to ten minutes.

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove
SpiritOfThings
SpiritOfThings
United States
2009/05/29, 03:38 PM
Taking this topic one step further...maybe... I've got a lot of fat I want to lose. I've read some good points here on FT about the pros (and cons) of cardio before breakfast/first thing in the morning. I am going to start that. My question is if I do weights in the evening (at least 12 hours later), is that ok?
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/05/29, 04:38 PM
its ok
do a light warm up before the weights like about 7 min of light cadrio.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
SpiritOfThings
SpiritOfThings
United States
2009/05/29, 08:37 PM
Great. Thanks.

============
Quoting from carivan:

its ok
do a light warm up before the weights like about 7 min of light cadrio.

=============