Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

Carbohydrates

chickadee176
chickadee176
Canada
2003/11/27, 09:53 AM
Hi I have been working out steady for two weeks and haven't lost any wieght. Very frustated!!! I work straight afternoons. I eat 4 friuts at night and was wondering if I should eat them earlier in the day. I also find my energy level low when I go into work. I also heard rye bread is better for you than other breads. Was just curious as to why
Please help,hope to hear from you soon.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/11/27, 11:53 AM
Yes, eat your fruits earlier in the day. Fruit is high in fructose of course, which does nothing for muscle glycogen. It tops off liver glycogen, and then if that is full can be stored as "uh oh". And yes, Rye bread is much better than any white bread. Any whole grain bread is better for you.

You also have to think if you are gaining muscle, you may be displacing fat, so your weight may be equalling out. I would stay off the scale, it is very misleading. There is water weight to deal with, etc. Go by the way clothes fit, the mirror. Get your protein in.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....