Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Carb question

Pending
Pending
Canada
2004/06/26, 08:35 PM
is eating carbs at a certain time a big deal? I heard that you should eat most of your daily carbs before a workout... I eat alot in the evening after my workout....is there a difference?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/06/26, 08:55 PM
You need some before and after.

--------------

\"Inscribe this on the charm that dangles from your navel, girls. Guys, tattoo this on your biceps:

Building muscle and might builds strong minds and character. Respect and humility come from lifting weights and feeding yourself with care. And from these distinguished qualities a great nation of people is built, by God. (Of course the God part is your choice, friend.)\" Dave Draper

bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/06/27, 11:34 AM
Depends alot on what you are doing, cutting or gaining. What you are referring to doing sounds like a TKD type diet. While this will work for fat loss, it may not be the best diet to be on, at least for long periods of time.

True, your body does metabolize carbs better in the early part of the day and fats towards the end of the day. The bottom line comes down to if maintenance calories are reached and glycogen stores are full, and you eat more you will most likely gain some weight. If on the other hand you do not exceed maintenance, you will lose.

============
Quoting from Pending:

is eating carbs at a certain time a big deal? I heard that you should eat most of your daily carbs before a workout... I eat alot in the evening after my workout....is there a difference?
=============

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com