Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Can't feel the burn?!

burchis
burchis
United States
2002/02/07, 07:33 PM
I just started lifting ummmm an hour ago (haha) and well I found this webpage afterwards and really wished I had found it about 2 hours ago! My question is, I just did a chest workout that a friend of mine recomended and I don't feel the burn in my chest like I do in my arms and forearms. Did I have improper form or will I feel it tomorrow? Another question is, how long should I be sore after my first week or two? Is it a burn that I should feel for a few days or a couple of weeks? Thanks in advance!!
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/02/07, 10:04 PM
Sometimes, you won't feel that same burn on larger muscle groups such as your chest/pecs or legs (for example) as they usually can take more punishment from a workout. Whereas your arm muscles are affected when you work on your chest, biceps, triceps and back. Your chest and pecs will probably feel sore tomorrow, though. That's normal and it should go away in a day or two. Of course, I'm not sure about your routine now or even what your goals are so I can't really say that you are maximizing yourself. Why not sign up for one of the ft programs? And while you're at it, fill out your profile, and share your current exercise regimen and goals so that we can better answer your questions in the future.

Good luck.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/02/08, 02:28 AM
Try strengthen your small muscle groups like the tri and biceps, also your forearms and grips. When they are stronger, you'll be able to take stronger for the big muscle groups like the back and chest.

The day's sore muscles is very independant from person to person. I cannot really say how long it'll take for you since I don't know your diet or how fast your body might recuperate.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/02/08, 10:57 AM
Also, if you supplement, your body could be helped in recuperating faster. This is another consideration. However, for most beginners, the soreness kicks in as the muscles are worked and taxed for the first time.
burchis
burchis
United States
2002/02/08, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the info all! I did get a program last night but I found the website after I had worked out. Opps! Anyway, I can feel it today!!! Thanks again for the info!!