Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 102, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Can you please help with what to say?

pinswess
pinswess
United States
2006/02/15, 09:58 PM
Someone very close to me is wanting to buy two products after reading their sales pitch in a M&F mag. It's for Gacic and Leucik (sp?) ~ both by the same company, Muscle Tech.
I don't like one thing the advertisment has to say, and I can't imagine buying in to it myself, but he is.
Do any of you know anything about these products? Not that they give a list of ingredients or anything, but any help would be great.
My husband and I usually do his on`line ordering for him, and so I have been stalling on this. It just doesnt set well in my tummy for some reason.
I know it's not my body, but I feel concerned anyways.
Thanks so much!
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/02/15, 10:43 PM
Yeah, save their money!

I think wrestler made a post as to their filing chapter 7. These guys have been ripping folks off for a long time.

--------------
Strength and Honor!
2fingers
2fingers
United States
2006/02/15, 10:48 PM
There are no miracle supplements out there. They only "supplement" a healthy diet and hard work in the gym. I am assuming that he wants to suddenly get big. It is a waste of money. If he is young then he just needs to eat a lot of the right foods (this site can help tremendously with some time searching).

The effect that these advertisements are having on your "someone special" is exactly why companies advertise the way that they do.

Hard work and patience....

I think that guys sometimes fall for this because there is so little good information in mainstream publications. The magazines make their money from all of the companies selling miracle supplements. With no other information readily available and a desire to believe the stuff will work we all have fallen early on.

There are dozens of posts here that say the same about miracle supplements. You might show them to him if this won't upset him too much or even if it does.

Good luck. I hope my opinion has been useful.
2006/02/16, 02:32 AM
save the money, it's overpriced garbage....the gains seens in those magazines are gotten through steroid use....not through taking this supplement....
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/02/16, 12:05 PM
I believe whole heartedly bodybuilder love gettng screwed. I mean, they buy a product that doesn't do anything, then turn around when the company comes out with something else hyped up or some new delivery system, and they will run out and buy it. Over and over and over again, then sit around on these boards and cry and moan about how the stuff doesn't work! Amazing, huh?

90% of fat burners do nothing, why would it be any different for gainers?

--------------
Strength and Honor!
Nyxtikal
Nyxtikal
United States
2006/02/16, 12:45 PM
all the contents of the product are things that are already on the market, so it isnt some huge breakthrough. on top of that, if you go to gnc leukic is $70 for 30 servings and gakic is $80 for 16 servings. no way anyone should buy these
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2006/02/16, 02:47 PM
I'm sure most of you remember the Myostatin 'wonder-supplements' that came out a few years ago. They were hyped beyond belief and look at it now - nonexistent. Most of these new supplements are garbage and the so-called research behind them is baseless.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
2fingers
2fingers
United States
2006/02/16, 04:13 PM
I'm glad that I stumbled on this site before I wasted a ton of money. It has taken time to get this through my thick skull. I was in denial for about 6 months before admitting that there is no miracle.

bb1fit, I guess that's why people call us weightlifters meatheads. :big_smile:
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/02/18, 02:08 PM
Three words..."Results not typical", that is on almost every miracle product out there, the reason it's there is because the way those results are achieved are thru proper diet and exercise...not the product!
Tell them to spend their money on whole food and bust their a$$ in the gym. Guaranteed results and much more satisfying.

--------------
Seize the day!