Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Breastfeeding and lost TOO much weight.

hotlilmama2107
hotlilmama2107
United States
2007/09/30, 02:01 PM
Anyways i am 21 year old with a 5 month old daughter. Before I was pregnant is was 5'3 110lbs.When i was preg i went up to 135. I really liked the extra weight on me. After I had my daughter i decided to breastfeed. Any when breastfeeding you burn about 500 calories a day, so i basically went back to my pre-pregnancy weight pretty fast. Having such a busy lifestyle has led me to neglect my eating habits. Sometimes i would skip meals(not taking enough calories for the day) and along with burning calories in bf I started to lose too much weight(which is not healthy). Now I'm trying to dedicate myself to much healthier lifestyle(taking care of my body,so that i can in turn take care of my daughter).I know i will need to take in way more calories probably about 2500-3000 to gain weight(muscle)efficiently. High protein,high calorie, high carb,low fat diet should be sufficient. I want to try protein shakes w/ whey protein also along with protein bars and snacks high in protein to snack on throughout the day since im so busy.Im just not sure what fitness regimen that would be good for me. My goal is basically total body workout(toning my glutes,thighs,calves,back,shoulders,arms,chest) Any advice from experienced ones would be very helpful! THanks!
ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2007/10/02, 04:27 PM
I've never been pregnant, but...
You might try to make sure the carbs are slow healthy carbs from fruit and vegetables and whole grain. The quick sugar rush from easy carbs can't be good for you even if you're trying to gain weight. I think you shouldn't be afraid of the fat, just make sure the fat is proper untreated natural fat. Olive oil, flax seed oil, real butter, meat with fat in, should work, I think. Mind you, I'm not an expert, but whenever you make low fat alternatives, you end up putting in chemicals and easy carbs instead. Try and eat everytime your daughter have eaten, or eat together if that is possible. I've read in a couple of places that people who need to gauin weight properly eat more natural fat, and that, to me, makes a whole lot more sence than easy carbs. You want healthy weight, not fatty weight, and fatty weight is normaly due to excess white bread, pizza and too many burgers and fries, with plenty of soda and pasta on the side.
Hope I'm not to far off the mark...

--------------
-----------------------------------
Getting there... one kg at a time...
-----------------------------------
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/10/05, 08:41 AM
Try a routine from freetrainers - go to exercise program at the top of the screen and answer the questions about goals and equipment - this will be a good starting point.

--------------
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle