Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Breast Augmentation

somss02
somss02
United States
2003/12/07, 12:35 AM
Right now I have Breast Augmentation. I have saline and are over the muscles. Well since I've lost so much body fat they look TERRIBLE!! I'm getting them redone in Feb. But I'm confused as to go over or under. I work my chest pretty hard every week and I heard horror stories about the muscles cutting into the bag is under the muscle. The problem that I have now is the ripples that I have, since I have no body fat, all you see is the bag. Does anyone here have implants? If so, what do you have done? Over, under, saline or silicone? Thanks for the help!!

--------------
on my way to my first competition!!
2003/12/15, 07:24 PM
I was surprised to see that nobody replied to this, so I'll chime in with what I've heard from female friends with implants. For the most part, they seem to prefer under the muscle. They say it looks more natural and prevents some of the problems you've had with rippling (I doubt they work out as much or as intensely as you, but they've had no problems so far). As far as the material, most I've known have saline, though I suppose the silcone have a little more natural feel. I'm hearing a lot about the former horror stories about silicone side effects being untrue, but that's something you'd really need to consult with a doctor and make your own choice about. I hope this helps...like I said, it's all hearsay and I'm definitely no expert in this area. Good luck preparing for your competition.

--------------
OSU Law Rugby....specializing in personal injury and pain & suffering.
triciakent
triciakent
United States
2003/12/17, 01:27 PM
First of all, I want your body, in the picture above, what is your bf? weight and what do you do for cardio, lifting and how often? How tall are you? We are the same age and my bf is at 18%, but would kill for your body.
Now on your posting, I met someone last week who has ba over the muscle as well and said that when she lost alot of body fat you could see the indentation when she would turn a certain way. I know a great site, http://www.implantinfo.org. When I had my surgery done (under muscle, saline) I constantly went to the site for information. It is a fantastic site, everything you want to know and more.
triciakent
triciakent
United States
2003/12/17, 01:29 PM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.
cobra93
cobra93
United States
2003/12/17, 05:03 PM
I had mine done in February of this year and I LOVE THEM!!! I got mine under the muscle and while I hear it's a bit more painful during the recovery (yes, I thought I was going to die! ha ha ha) it's supposed to be more natural looking. I've had people tell me that they can't believe they're not real...and no, I don't make a habit of showing them off :) I've never heard anything about the muscle cutting into the bag......unless there's severe trauma to that area or a product defect, they should last about 10 years or more on average. If you choose McGhann implants you can buy an extended warranty for about a hundred bucks....sounds funny doesn't it? My boobs are under warranty.....ha ha ha....anyway......When I was doing my research I decided that the best thing for me would be saline....that way if anything does happen and you should "deflate" then the body will absorb the saline, rather than the silicon, which can be toxic. However, it's all a personal preference. Ask your doctor what he/she thinks is best as well. My doctor gave me LOADS of information, and he never once charged me for a consultation.....I had more than one, as I was a bit of a chicken..... Anyway, best of luck to you!
lynnoakdale
lynnoakdale
United States
2003/12/18, 02:44 PM
I have had mine for going on 5 years (I think) and they are behind the Muscle. Yes this made it very painful as to recover and like many women I researched the pros and cons of whether to go in front of or behind. I was told by my doctor that when you go behind the muscle it helps to keep them "pirky" if you will.........becuase the muscle is helping to hold them in place and maybe in furture years when things tend to head south that shouldnt be much of an issue if it is at all. Infact my mom (who has very defined PECS) was looking into it and the doctor told her that it may be a little more painful becuase her muscle was thicker and more developed then the average female. When you look or feel my boob you are actually touching the fatty tissue that makes up the female breast.........the implant just kind of pushes it out alot more then what it was before. My only concern is this......I know that many women body builders have very well defined muscular chest and have even turned the breast tissue into mostly muscle. I would consult with my doctor and ask him if this would cause the implant look unnatural if it were to go behind the muscle.
I am no expert in this topic I can only share my personal stories with you. I do have saline implants and am very happy with them but now I wear 2 bras to run instead of one and sometimes my back hurts when I first start running. I hope that I helped you in some way...if you have any more questions feel free to ask.....

--------------
you can lead the horse to the water but you can\'t make them drink.....

~lynnoakdale
triciakent
triciakent
United States
2003/12/18, 03:07 PM
Mine behind the muscle wasn't very painful, but I think I was expecting the worse anyway. I've had my done for 3 months now and running is absolutely no problem and I can list the same on my chest as before my ba.