Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Boosts before working out?

shiftlocked
shiftlocked
United Kingdom
2008/01/28, 12:12 PM
Hi All,

New person here so I hope I found the right place to start posting in.

After a year of being ill on and off I finally got back into kickboxing and struggling with the fitness side. Sitting on a chair all day hasnt helped lol.

Training starts at 7pm and its a half hour drive and not finishing work and getting home till about half 5 doesnt give me much time to eat anything.

Can anyone recommend something that will give me a pick me up but also not bloat me out for training. Its a lot of cardio (arms and legs) and then 6 x 2 min rounds on a good day 10 x 2 min rounds on a bad one.

I always seem to have a problem with crashing out and hitting the wall at 4pm daily so if theres any advice anyone here can give Id much appreciate it.

thanks
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/01/28, 02:55 PM
Have some candy and a bit of caffine. No joke here, it works. A dark chocolate bar for instance, and a cup of coffee. Voila', you may have the best workout you have ever had. If you time it correctly, there can be no blood sugar issues, as your exercise will more than take care of this.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

Speeder
Speeder
Canada
2008/02/28, 04:04 PM

Endorush....works great before a workout or Hockey game for me...........
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2008/02/29, 11:07 AM
BB1 is an experienced man. Listen to him, just don't go overboard and load up on candy.

The amino acid L-Tyrosine is believed to have mood-elevating effects. I have also always liked fruit/fruit juice for good consistent energy.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt