Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Bodybuilding workout routine

JustinE22
JustinE22
United States
2005/03/12, 05:34 PM
Right now I'm on a cut and I've got my week off coming up after that I'm going to resume my cut. I've been using the workout routines here on FT but I just don't feel they're working good enough for me. I liked the 12 week mass program but I'm on the general one right now and it's just stayed the same the whole way thru and i don't feel there's enough exercises for some muscle groups. I've pretty much got my diet in check so now I want to work on my routine in the gym as I haven't paid much attention to it in a while. So I was wondering if anyone had some input on an outline for a good workout routine while on a cut from a bodybuilders perspective. thanks.

bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/03/12, 08:06 PM
When I am on a cutting regimine, I always view it as contest dieting. (this way I feel more focused and do not cheat, a mental game I play with myself, but it works0. Now the reason I say this, is on contest dieting and training, a big change can be dangerous. I think I would wait till getting done with your current cut. You may opt to add more supersets, etc. but within the same framework of your current regimine.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
JustinE22
JustinE22
United States
2005/03/12, 08:11 PM
Even after my week off next week?..So I should still view that as the same cut.
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2005/03/13, 09:16 AM
BINGO!!! That is exactly what helps me cut when I don't have a show to look forward to.

============
Quoting from bb1fit:

When I am on a cutting regimine, I always view it as contest dieting. (this way I feel more focused and do not cheat, a mental game I play with myself, but it works0. Now the reason I say this, is on contest dieting and training, a big change can be dangerous. I think I would wait till getting done with your current cut. You may opt to add more supersets, etc. but within the same framework of your current regimine.

=============
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/03/13, 11:27 AM
After a week off, I suppose it would be ok to make a switch. You will be coming back with a bit less intensity anyway, so you could ease your body into a new workout protocol.

============
Quoting from JustinE22:

Even after my week off next week?..So I should still view that as the same cut.
=============

--------------

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
pulseeric
pulseeric
United States
2005/04/06, 08:22 PM
Most of you have probably seen this, but I figure it would be a good link to repost anyway.

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

This site contains every muscle group, with a description of many exercises for each group. It breaks down the physics and also has a demonstration of every exercise. Whenever I feel like getting a new routine, I find that site very helpful. Best part - it's free!

The diet is going good! :big_smile:
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/04/06, 11:13 PM
Glad to hear things are going good for you pulseeric. Diet is the toughest challenge we face.

--------------

bb1fit@freetrainers.com