Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

bodybuilding-dangerous?

overcome1606
overcome1606
United States
2004/12/09, 06:36 PM
i'm new,i have read articles that suggests that if you bodybuild and get big like some of the pro's, you will have a shorter life because it puts more stress on the heart to pump blood throughout a larger body, and, because bb's eat so much, it puts more toxins into the body, i can see how this makes sense, oh, and is it true that all pro's take some form of steroids?
thankyou.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/12/09, 06:51 PM
While a lot of Pros do take steriods I am sure some take none. Those are what we call Natural Bodybuilders. ANd I think that Bodybuilding in general is god for you. ANd that notion of the heart pumping more is BS. Of course if you do take drugs to get big then problems can arise....

--------------
LIFT HEAVY! BECOME STRONG, LIKE BULL!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/12/09, 07:07 PM
The bodybuilding lifestyle is one of the healthiest things you can do. The natural bb's diet is ideal for health and longevity(no unncecessary insulin spikes throughout the day, clean, healthy lean proteins and carbs, and good EFA's).

Your body is healthy and strong...true in one aspect, intense exercise does produce more free radicals, but these are easily quenched with the proper nutrition and then some.

Mutt is right, the huge guys you see are juiced, and yes, this is very unhealthy, and usually a price to be paid somewhere down the road.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
kakaroto
kakaroto
El Salvador
2004/12/09, 09:49 PM
All depends in what you do to achieve your goals.
there are two way: the enatural one (harder, longer, requires more patience and knwoledge as well as will power) and the steroids one (easier, faster, but not healtheir, smart and good). you choose what you want to do with your body.

The bodybuilder life, the life we are all living on this board, is the smartest thing you can ever do. it keeps you away from vices and therefore makes you live a better life.

But thats my opinion.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/12/09, 09:54 PM
The heart is a muscle that pumps the blood . If you train it with cardio, it is going to be able to pump more blood per stroke, and will create better curculation through the vessels.
Bodybuilding is very healthy.

--------------
"A will finds a way, failure is not an option"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
snipura
snipura
Slovenia
2004/12/22, 02:19 PM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/12/22, 03:59 PM
What kind of advice is that? If you do not have better advice maybe you had better not offer any?

--------------
LIFT HEAVY! BECOME STRONG, LIKE BULL!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
2004/12/23, 03:28 PM
Id say bodybuilding is one of the best things anyone can do to keep fit.
2004/12/29, 08:46 AM
natural bodybuilding is very good for your health....it's good in terms anearobic fitness, bone density, brain function, stress management, better nutrition, more understanding of your body....and the list goes on and on....

yes pro bodybuilders and many amateurs use steroids, pro-hormones and other hardcore supplements...many of them experience terrible conditions because of this...kidney failure, liver disease, heart disease, and the list goes on and on...yes some of them do claim that under doctor's supervision and in small dosages the risks are minimized and benefits outweight them....however long term effects are not known...for these individuals...what's even scarier is that the steroid dosages have increase upwards to 50 times...one professional bodybuilder who not too long ago had near kidney failure confessed to taking over a page of different types of steroids to his doctor when he was asked to write them all out.....this is the reason some people maintain that bodybuilding is dangerous....

People also focus on numbers....they forget that there's a steady progression and say many ignorant things...'why lift 300 for 10 reps when you can bench press 100 for 100 reps..' or say things like 'lifting X amount of weight is not healthy{X being specific to a certain person makign the comment...so if it's ur grandma...bench pressing 50lb is dangerous}'....I think it's because mainstream society has yet to catch up to the truth/scientific evidence out there....and instead go on with the myths so common place in our society without having any proof what so ever...

when arnold had a heart surgery people pointed fingers at bodybuilding and steroid usage....what they didn't bother to read was that it was due a congenital heart defect and in fact being in such terrific shape helped him heal extremely quickly compared to general time frame for regular people...just very frustrating to me
Kev99
Kev99
United States
2004/12/29, 09:09 PM
BB1Fit, u said bodybuilding is good for longetivity? Do u mean as in live longitivity, how long a person can live?
Kev99
Kev99
United States
2005/02/05, 11:01 PM
No shit, of course it is, why would i even ask that.