Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Body for Life Comments? Suppment Q's

nikki_m_austin
nikki_m_austin
United States
2003/01/14, 03:46 PM
Hey women, wondering what sucesses anyone has had on body for life. Diet experiences / training experiences? I like the FT exercise regiment better personally than the one recommended in BFL.

Also, someone experienced in supplements and thermogenics? What are some good ones for the "average working-out joe" who's looking at supplements to do for lifestyle, not just to bulk up for a show or anything like that.

Thanks for any and all comments!

Nikki
CarolinaChick
CarolinaChick
United States
2003/01/14, 06:07 PM
Of-course you know protein but also glutamine is a very important amino acid you NEED especially if you workout. A good womans multi-vitamine and vit-E (this one, I consider optional) but it is important for cardiovascular health.
In the future you may wanna throw in creatine but for now these will do.

As far as thermogenics go....have you even taken any type of ECA stack?
And what type of tolerance do you have for caffeine and Ephedrine?

Depending on what brand you get, some are a lil' stronger than others, but most of them will give you that wired, jittery feeling, and your hands may shake like you're a junkie for about 3-4 hrs (it does make for a killer workout.) but then you'll crash.

Anyway, I've said this before but.....Xenadrine is good, but eventually your body will build a tolerance to it, and the jitters won't be as bad but it will also not be as effective for fat loss. That's why you do need ta cycle it,maybe try 2 months on and a couple weeks off. (just don't exceed 12 weeks.

Another option you may wanna consider is NYC. It has Norephedrine, Caffeine, and Yohimbine in it. (no Ephedrine)
It doesn't give ya the jitters and it's more thermogenic than a typical ECA stack.( of-course, it effects everyone differently) And it's alot cheaper. I think it's $19.95

Here's a link if you're interested~

https://www.anabolicfitness.net/shop/product_info.php?cartID=1bbfe747652f560642fc0fe20a84a509&id=14

So.... ta start off you need ~
your Protein powder
Glutamine
Womens multi-vit
vit-E
and if you wanna try a thermogenic than I go w/ the NYC ta start with.
CarolinaChick
CarolinaChick
United States
2003/01/14, 06:15 PM
Oops, I forgot to answer your first question,

I think the BFL program is great for beginners. Everything is layed out for ya and it's easy to follow but once you hit a plateau it's time to up it a notch.
There are so many good methods of training out there so go w/ what works for you.
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2003/01/14, 06:20 PM
I hear that many supp company's will be discontinuing their line of ephedrine containing products, so you might be able to catch some deals if that's what you want.
CarolinaChick
CarolinaChick
United States
2003/01/14, 06:24 PM
Yea, it looks like it's time to stock pile it. You think they really are gonna (try) to take it off the market?
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/01/14, 08:19 PM
ephedra and yohimbe are both big questions right now. muscletech has removed ephedra out of all of their products. other companies are waiting til the bitter end, if there is one. i think the FDA may regulate the amount of ephedra in products, but banning it will be tough since so many pharmeceutical companies use it in their OTC medicines.

Universal has already discountinued all of their yohimbe products, and a few other companies are close behind. i see yohimbe being 'banned' by the FDA before ephedra, but with the government, you never can tell...

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
nikki_m_austin
nikki_m_austin
United States
2003/01/15, 10:48 AM
I already take vitamins on a daily basis, and glutamine post-workout. I supplement my diet with whey protein shakes, too. I took hydroxycut, and I was so growl-y, hyper and jittery. Didn't like it.

Thought I'd try Ultra Beta Lean. Any experience? I don't believe it has ephedra or ma-huang (or however you spell it).

Thanks again for all comments.

Nik