Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

bleeding?

Marcy
Marcy
United States
2002/05/31, 09:05 AM
I had a pap smear on a thursday and I began bleeding on the following sunday, however, I wasn't supposed to start my period untill a week later. I am on birth control (ortho-tricycleen) My doctor says that it was my pills but I don't think so because I had been on them for over a year. Any Ideas?
P.S.: My mother-in-law seems to think I might have had an early miscarriage. ?????

----------------------------
Never try to be better than anyone else, just try to be better than yourself!
Marcy Ann
Missa
Missa
United States
2002/05/31, 09:19 AM
I recently have been having abnormal bleeding myself--actually awaiting results from my pap. What have you been doing differently the last month? Any stresses? New exercise program? That, I think, is my problem.
Marcy
Marcy
United States
2002/05/31, 01:06 PM
The bleeding actually happened a couple of days after I started the atkins diet. And I also take lots of vitamins. But someone said that those things didn't have anything to do with it. ?????

--------------
Never try to be better than anyone else, just try to be better than yourself!
Marcy Ann
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/06/01, 01:51 AM
Hmmmm why do mother in law always say the worse thing possible?!!!
(when I hurt my lower back last summer my "dear" mother in law told me that I would end up in a wheel chair......)

Marcy, if it's only a small bleeding then I wouldn't worry too much about it (since it's probably caused by all the drastical changings in your life from sport and nutrition etc) But if it gives you pain and continues then I would see a doctor.

I hope that everything will be okey.

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/06/11, 12:18 AM
If you have had a miscarriage that early on, you wouldn't know much of a difference from your regular period to your miscarriage. I had two miscarriages at 6 weeks. The only reason I knew I was pregnant was because I was taking home pregnancy test every week.. trying to get pregnant. When I started to bleed I thought that it might just be a regular period since I knew a few women who still got their period in early pregnancy. When I asked my doctor, she said a lot of women have miscarriages that early on and don't know it. Hope everything works out.

--------------
Lisa
Missa
Missa
United States
2002/06/11, 10:14 AM
Marcy,

I've been off my cycle the past 2 months. This month it seems to be leveling off (still a week off). My annual was fine--I really think it might have to do with my new exercise program (which I began around 8 weeks ago). Hope your pap turns out alright.
prettygentle
prettygentle
United States
2002/06/21, 08:07 AM
Changes in diet and exercise can cause hormonal shifts. If this is like a regular period, only early, just keep track of your dates. Allow your body a couple of months to readjust to the new routine.
If there is anything obviously abnormal (pain which is worse than "normal" cramping, large clots if you don't normally have them (sorry, I know that's gross), severe pain on one side of your lower abdomen, fever, etc) get back in contact with your dr.
I'd like to think it's better to monitor something odd and "check" with your doc if it worries you than to take the advice of "everyone else" (mom-in-laws included...lol) that it's this, that or the other thing and let it go. Only you really know your body, listen to it. ;o)

Hope you're doing (and continue to do) well.

--------------
pg
*The prettygentleone isn't so gentle anymore! ^v^
Missa
Missa
United States
2002/06/21, 10:23 AM
Thanks pg--
prettygentle
prettygentle
United States
2002/06/21, 01:26 PM