Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

biceps are the hardest thing to grow....

yury
yury
United States
2002/05/03, 01:37 PM
I was wondering are you suppose to do triceps one day then biceps the next? or can you do biceps and triceps in the same day or the in the same workout with the triceps?

----------------------------
**Yury**
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2002/05/03, 01:40 PM
It's easy to over train the arms. Most people I know either do a variation like bi's with back, tri's with chest or set aside a day for arms only. You grow when you're not in the gym.
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/05/03, 02:39 PM
You could work them both in the same day.. I usually work both of mine on the same day and things like supersets would be working them both on the same day.. can't hurt.. miken's advice is right tho...
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/05/03, 04:18 PM
Yes, they can be worked on the same day. However, it is easy to overtrain the arms...particularly if you train chest, back and arms on consecutive days.

--------------
**_Robert_**
dunlap
dunlap
United States
2002/05/03, 09:34 PM
MY QUESTION IS ARE TRING TO AND TICKNESS, LEIGHT, OR HIGHTH? WITCH EVER YOUR GOAL IS YOU HAVE TO DO THE EXERCISE THE FITS THAT GOAL.

--------------
NO PAIN NO GAIN!!
THE HULK
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/05/04, 01:04 AM
Yes I'm with fireloard on this one. Me too, I like to work my arms in supersets changing from one triceps exercise to working the biceps without rest.

I normally work my arms after leg day so they had enough time to rest after the back and chest work.

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
SeanMS
SeanMS
United States
2002/05/05, 02:40 AM
Can I ask a dumb question? I've heard that all my life, "It's easy to overtrain the Biceps." Just what exactly do they mean? Is it actually doing too many sets w/too many different exercises? Am I only supposed to have one goal at a time on the bis (mass, height, etc...)? In other words is this too much?- 4 sets of curls with the E Z curl bar (2 narrow grip and 2 wide grip), 2 sets of seated incline hammer curls , and 2 sets of consentration curls. Maybe I'm overworking them, maybe that's why they don't seem to be responding like I had wanted them to. Would anyone mind to toss in their 2 cents worth - I'd sure be glad to hear it.
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2002/05/05, 08:36 AM
never a dumb question.. ask away!

as a rule of thumb.. 12 sets for biceps are sufficient, as goes for other smaller muscle groups. So 3 movements with 4 sets each is recommended.

Good Luck

--------------
.o0 Arnold 0o...o0 theaustrianoak@hotmail.com 0o.
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2002/05/05, 09:15 AM
Sean - you can see a lot of examples in the gym. A lot of people equate working out almost like a course in economics. They figure more is better. I've seen a lot of people doing exactly the same routing every time they hit the gym and concentrate on the ego muscles. They can't seem to figure out why they never get bigger arms in spite of the fact that they work them 6 days a week. Your muscles grow during the recovery and rest stage.
SeanMS
SeanMS
United States
2002/05/05, 02:16 PM
Mike- I only work my major muscle groups once a week. And yes, I have seen people do exactly what your saying. I used to just do 3 sets of each (with the E Z curl bar) of narrow grip and wide grip and that was it. It also seemed like I was getting better results from that, but that just don't seem like enough of a workout on my bis. I wasn't getting as much of a burn. Now their actuall getting fatiged(sorry, sloppy spelling).

Somewhere a few years ago I heard that the narrow grip worked the short head better and the wide grip worked the long head better so I try to do both of them. Then I do the hammer curls and consentration curls to try to work on the height. I don't know if my theory is right but at least that's the results I THINK I'll get. I was just wondering if I was overworking them. I may try Arnold's 3 movements 12 sets and see where that gets me. Thanks fellas, something told me I could get an answer here. I'm impressed with this Site. I've only been here 3 or 4 days now and already I've learned so much it's rediculous. Thanks!