Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Beginner and want to loose FAT

ARGIL
ARGIL
United States
2013/11/06, 02:26 PM
Hi I'm fairly new here and I have some questions.
Okay 2 weeks ago I just started doing 30 minutes on the Arc Trainer and 15 minutes on the treadmill 4 to 5 times a week and some floor stomach excersie. Is this a good routine to do if i want to loose weight/fat? I wan't to customize a daily routine I can do at the gym but I don't even know where to start. I need someones help please :)
bdattel
bdattel
United States
2013/11/07, 10:35 AM
The treadmill is good but try to get up to at least 20 min., 30 would be better. If you find it boring try doing a circuit, 10 min. on the treadmill, 10 min. on a cycle and 10 on a rowing machine or a variation there of. Also I think that weight training would be better than the Arc Trainer to build muscle, which burns fat just by being there, builds up your matabolism, muscle is great stuff. Make sure you eat healthy and drink lots of water. Maybe you could get a trainer to show you how to use the different equipment and get you started on a routine. Hope this helps.

Brenna :)
festi10
festi10
United Kingdom
2014/03/12, 07:07 PM
hi im new to this but i have a friend who wants to lose weight and was wondering is the weight training programme fixed with cardio a good way for a woman to lose weight?
2014/03/16, 01:28 AM
I am no expert but I would say you need to add in strength training workouts.
lysithea_kj
lysithea_kj
United States
2014/03/16, 10:20 PM
You asked this a few months ago, but research has shown that in order to lose fat cardio is less effecitive than resistance/stregth training.  Muscle can help you burn fat as well as toning you body which makes it look slimmer.  Honestly I just like the variety of doing more than cardio machines anayway, plus it is nice to feel the burn the day after a good workout that lets me know I am making changes to my body, I rarely get that with cardio alone.  I also have yet to find a good upper body workout on a cardio machine, arms and core muscles only seem to be maybe 50% engaged at any given time.