Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Be careful with KAVA.

norrobbins
norrobbins
United States
2002/05/23, 01:16 AM
I was doing an online search to learn more about Kava Kava. One bottle I was taking had no side effects listed (herbs and supplements aren't regulated as closely as we'd like) the newest brand I purchased said it may cause drowsiness.
The same with Saw Palmetto: one bottle. nothing. The next brand: 'stop use two weeks before surgery'. ??
Anyway, I found this link describing Kava as down right dangerous! Check it out..
http://www.kava-alert.com/articles.htm
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/05/23, 02:34 AM
I drank Kawa Kawa on a small island in Fiji two years ago..... I can tell you this stuff really tastes awful when it's served "clean" like that.

Anyway I'll read your link. Thanks for your tip.
Kawa Kawa just got illegal in France, maybe there is a reason....

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
dahayz
dahayz
United States
2002/05/23, 06:51 AM
Well, so far kava kava has only given people with preexisting conditions a problem. There are no warnings on these herbs because they are "natural" and they seem more safe. But who knows.
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/05/23, 05:15 PM
Actually Kava tea is much larger issue than mentioned here. All over the United States people have been being arrested for drunken driving while they drank kava. It has been proven that if you drink two-three cups of kava it can give you simulated effects of being drunk. Close enough that several people were convicted of DUI's for drinking it. I believe here in California they just made a law about Kava, because of a high profile accident in San Jose, whereas the samoan driver had consumed about 12 cups of kava tea.

--------------
And my soul must be iron, because my fear is naked. I'm naked and fearless.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/05/24, 01:38 AM
In Fiji (or Fidji) the people were once cannibals and used the human body as their main protein source. Anyway, a new law came and they were no longer autorized to kill people SO they used the Kawa (or Kava) instead.
After some cups of Kawa one get drowsy (especially if you are not used to it!) and you'll fall asleep. Now those smart Fijian just took advantage and used YOU for their main meal.......

Nope, this is not even a joke but only true history.

Today the Fijian only use the Kawa to make fun of the tourists......

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/05/24, 01:33 PM
that's not good...

--------------
And my soul must be iron, because my fear is naked. I'm naked and fearless.