Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

BCAA

Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/01/24, 03:46 AM
Any of you women take or ever been taken BCAA?

I know what it is, it's not that, but I was just surprised when my dietitian asked me to take it......
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2002/01/24, 06:58 AM
Yes I am taking them now. I will take them while I am cutting down only. Some one will ask why take BCAA so this is why:
During precontest dieting it is essential to keep your protein intake high. As your body fat becomes lower and lower, it seems almost impossible to continue to hold on to your hard earned muscle tissue. The paradox is that as the contest approaches, you instinctively train harder, increase your cardio and tighten your diet even further. Your goal is to somehow maintain, or even increase your lean muscle tissue while continuing to burn fat. Unfortunately you're putting your body at the brink of catabolism.
Research has found that BCAA's will positively influence protein synthesis. This suggests that supplementation with Branched Chain Amino Acids will help bodybuilders in a catabolic (breaking down) state or a muscle wasting state.
- In the Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, 42:473-487, 1983, an experiment was described in which humans were given therapeutic amounts of these amino acids each day. Fifty percent of the administered load of BCAA's was utilized by skeletal muscle and the other appeared to be utilized by tissues that were undergoing protein wasting. This indicates that your muscles would benefit from the administration of the BCAA's during contest dieting.