Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

BB1!

Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/03/10, 06:04 PM
Is your competition this saturday or did I read your profile wrong?

--------------
I can beat Mario Brothers without losing a life.

Jdelts@freetrainers.com
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/03/10, 09:07 PM
No, you did not get it wrong. I had to drop out of the competition this time for some personal (family) reasons. I was very close to being there too. I posted it in my training journal. I am now shooting for May, a contest that is here in town. I should have no problem getting ready for it. I am working on a gain for a bit now, while still pretty lean. If things go right, I should only have to diet about 6 weeks to get ready for this show. Even with all the calories I am taking in right now, I had my bodyfat done this weekend and it was only at 9%. So, I am going to hang in that area, not go past 10 or so before the end of this month. I do not know the contest date yet, but the last 2 years it has been in May, so I am looking at starting back to dieting the end of this month. That will give me about 6 weeks.:dumbbell:

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
2004/03/10, 10:42 PM
Keep us posted and good luck.
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/03/11, 11:42 PM
Sorry to here about the drawback...stay lean and mean my friend. Quick question for you though...since I started dieting down and I'm still in the beginning stage, should I cut down the amount of malto and dextrose I'm taking in NOW or later in my diet? Its ALOT of calories. Good luck to you man.:dumbbell:

--------------

Jdelts@freetrainers.com
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/03/12, 01:37 PM
jdelts, I usually like to start my competition training with a week off, get my maintenance calories down, in other words be at maintenance for a full week and rested. No insulin spikes, this week is spent totally on rest and making sure of insulin sensitivity. It becomes even more critical now. Then I go back my first week, cut my post workout spike in 1/2, and train picking it up each day. The second week, I usually stay there, and then you should be pretty well set with maintenance. Then leave your PWO shake as is, and start with your calorie adjustments. I don't make any changes to my PWO anymore till the last 6 weeks or so, then adjust them for intensity of workouts.

By the way, just found out the contest I want to here is one on May 22nd, and the other in July. I am kind of having fun gaining right now, I am setting record highs on lots of lifts, may wait till the July show. Got a couple weeks to decide.

--------------

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/03/13, 11:01 PM
Its hard to diet down, especially when you begin to make gains again...of course that goes without saying. Thank you once again for the info.:dumbbell:

--------------

Jdelts@freetrainers.com
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/03/19, 10:03 AM
May 22nd it is!! Probably also July 24th.:dumbbell::cool::dumbbell:

--------------

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2004/03/19, 12:11 PM
Good luck to the both of you! :cool:

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!

E-mail: rpacheco@freetrainers.com
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/03/19, 12:15 PM
Good Luck Jdelts and bb1fit. - Mike

--------------
I am that
which must be feared, worshipped and adored. The world is mine
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am a beast and that is enough.
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/03/19, 06:15 PM
One more question Ron...I may have asked you this before, but when I choose to do cadio immediately AFTER my workout, should I not take my protein and maltodextrine until AFTER the cardio or BEFORE. Because at this point(immediately after the weight training) my body needs the nutrients for recovery BUT if I go and do cardio within 5 minutes, I feel that it may be counterproductive. Follow me? I just confused myself.

--------------
Baseball is wrong: Man with four balls cannot walk.

Jdelts@freetrainers.com
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/03/19, 06:58 PM
If you are doing your postworkout cardio for just "active recovery", in other words light and for short duration, then have your post workout drink immediately following resistance training. If on the other hand you are going to do a cardio session like HIIT, you may as well wait till finishing it and then have your shake.

--------------

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2004/03/31, 02:37 PM
I am his biggest fan and I am sorry to say that it was me that caused him to back out of the last show, With my mom passing he was so supportive of me and there around every corner when I needed him, Thanks Ron:love:, but I am happy to say I am getting it together and he is on key again and looking better than ever.:dumbbell:

--------------
THE NATURAL WAY IS THE ONLY TRUE PATH TO SUCCESS, PRIDE, JOY, HAPPINESS, LONG TERM FULFILLMENT AND SELF-ESTEEM!