Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

bad knees, flabby butt/thighs

crookshanks415
crookshanks415
United Kingdom
2004/08/09, 02:24 PM
I want to slim down my butt and thighs, but most of the recommended excersizes (lunges, squats, etc.) don't work as I have knee problems that cause my knees to ache when I put focus my weight on them (lunges) or use them strenuously many times over (squats). Any other good excersizes I can do?
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/08/12, 12:37 AM
Doing cardio with an eliptical machine or bike or anything will make you lose fat without putting stress on your joints, and should also tone up the butt and thighs somewhat as well. Maybe you should try leg extensions and leg curls?

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

dfly411
dfly411
United States
2004/08/12, 06:42 AM
Good morning Crooks, assuming that by "slimming" you mean that you want to loose the fat in that area, the key is diet. However, if it is exercises that tone the thighs that you are after, try doing isometrics. They seem to be easy on the joints to me.

Good luck to you,

Julienne