Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Back to the grind

Andrea75
Andrea75
United States
2004/01/04, 07:54 PM
Hey ladies, now the new year is here and the holidays have come to an end, it's time to get the diet and training back on track. No more treats for me, I definately indulged a bit too much. But, since I kept the workouts consistent (due to going in the morning before work), I have stayed the same for the most part. PHEW! Just don't feel to good about myself right now. :(, I'm sure there are other ladies out there, in the same boat.

Be Strong.
Andrea
Philia2
Philia2
France
2004/01/05, 01:45 AM
Hi Andrea
Me too, I need to do a little diet. I got sooo many plans for 2004 so no time or room for any unnecessairy fat! (o;
It's great that you kept on doing your workouts!
I did my workouts as well, but just not as intensive. It'll go back to normal since lots of work is in perspective!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
eb2432
eb2432
United States
2004/01/05, 03:44 PM
Hi ladies. I wish I could say that I kept up with my workouts, but I didn't. I didn't gain any weight and was pretty good with my diet, but I can't seem to get motivated to get moving again. I am new to ft and never lifted until late last summer, so I don't think I really got the routine down. I will get going again, but I have to find a way to make it fun. Wish me luck! Elaine
kirby00
kirby00
United States
2004/01/05, 04:07 PM
Ug. I'm looking forward to going back to the gym this evening (I was traveling over the holidays - do I dare step on the scale???)...but not looking forward to the CROWDS. Worried that if I decide to go too late (and miss the masses) that I won't go at all. Hmmmm...

Good luck to us all!

Kirby
perfect_elise
perfect_elise
Romania
2004/01/06, 04:12 AM
I didn't gain weight during the holidays, but I stopped going to the gym and I was feeling really stiff.... I went yesterday evening though, for both fitness and an aerobic session...and god did it feel gooood!

I expected a crowd too, but it looks like people have not strated to feel guilty around here yet! ;) Only 3 people in the aerobics class! And all the machines to myself!! Yeey!

--------------
...snow can wait, I forgot my mittens...
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2004/01/06, 02:29 PM
Hey girls, and welcome back to the boards Andrea. I was just thinking about you this morning. Glad to her you have kept up the workouts. I took two weeks off and gained 3 lbs, but was back in the gym last night and already feel better. It was crowded, and noisy and I realized how much I had missed it! With hubby overseas I have a great support group at the gym. They always make me feel better. My new goal is to lose another 5lbs by the end of Feb. Wish me luck and good luck to all of you.

--------------
~Victoria~
...Do not be discouraged; everyone who got where he is, started where he was.--anon
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills
Taurie
Taurie
United States
2004/01/06, 03:53 PM
I've been having a difficult time as well. At least I made it to the gym 2x a week and have been fairly good with my diet...no weight gain...which is great since I've been lagging on the cardio. I'm sure things will improve once my trainer gets back from vacation. Best of luck to all of us on reaching our goals!!!!
Andrea75
Andrea75
United States
2004/01/06, 05:06 PM
Thanks for your responses ladies. My workouts have gotten better, I have gone through some old Shape magazine and have been adding one new exercise per workout. Trying to add more phyiso ball and band exercises. All I need to crack down is the diet. Ugh.....that's the hardest part I think.

I've been doing 30 min. of cardio 4-5x a week, either running, precor, stepmill etc. Do you think I should increase the duration? Also adding jump rope.

Andrea
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2004/01/07, 04:07 PM
20-30 minutes is good. Is one of your sessions an interval training session? I usually try to get one HIIT session, and one longer(45min), steady paced one in. Then the rest are whatever I feel like doing. If you are trying to gain muscle you might be doing too much cardio, but if what you are doing is working for youthen dont change it till you hit a wall. Glad to have you back.

--------------
~Victoria~
...Do not be discouraged; everyone who got where he is, started where he was.--anon
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills
MyCoffeeGirl
MyCoffeeGirl
United States
2004/01/07, 05:03 PM
Well, let me give you a hint - don't ever go on vacation for the first couple weeks of the year. Right when everyone is motivated to work out, eat better...I'm here eating like crap, not working out, and lovin every second of it. I am actually soooo looking forward to going home so that I can clean up my act, but attempting to do it on vacation was just silly! *sigh*

--------------
~~~~~~~ROXIE~~~~~~~
http://www.mycoffeegirl.com
shavondebrown
shavondebrown
United States
2004/01/07, 05:46 PM
I find the best motivation is to have a good workot buddy. Nutrition always has been important to me. Yes, I do get side tracked when I am away from home. Best example is this deployment. I guess because the food isn't that great. Therefore, I am more likely to pick up something sweet to tempt my taste buds. When I am grocery shopping, I do not buy any sugared drinks are sweets. I buy very little processed foods. I have found that this is also good for a tight budget.

--------------
It's not what we eat or drink occasionally, but what we consume on a daily basis that determines our ongoing level o health.

formerfatguy.com
Not sure of author
Andrea75
Andrea75
United States
2004/01/12, 12:53 PM
Hey there, I've had workout buddies before but they don't last too long. So, I depend on my music to get me through. Anyway, so far so good and wasn't too horrible eating over the weekend. Just want to be consistent, summer is coming you know. Yikes!