Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

atkins diet?

Nicole2004
Nicole2004
United States
2003/04/22, 10:51 AM
I am trying once again to lose some weight. I dont know why but it is quite hard for me. I am a very picky eater so diets are always hard. And to make things worse I dont have the time to work out as much as I would like to. I am considering trying the atkins diet but I dont know how well it will work and what exactly I can eat. So if you have any advice please let me know!!!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2003/04/22, 11:20 AM
Your first 10 - 14 pounds of weight loss will be water coming from your muscles a sthey dehydrate from lack of carbs. Once you bring carbs back into the picture, you will pull in water and regain.

You are better off following a moderate diet with more protein, medium carbs (mostly complex) and moderate amounts of healthy fat.
There are tons of posting on the message boards about diet info, do some surfing and you will find it boils down to basically 5-6 small meals a day, with protein, complex carbs and fat.
As far as not having time to exercise - it is time to evaluate your schedule and figure out when you can fit in a few days of lifting and 3-5 half hour time slot for cardio.
Try listing everything you do for a few days and see what you are doing with all of your time. There are bound to be areas of time that are not really important - do you watch TV? What time do you get up, when do you go to bed, what do you do on your lunch hour (half-hour).
getting fit is about health, not just losing wieght by eating inunusaual ways, and regainig it when you can't stand eating that way anymore.
Health involves exercise.
I know people who work ten hour shifts, but get up at 5 am to exercise, because it is that or nothing, and they feel better when they exercise - they have more energy and a feeling of accomplishment all day long from sticking to their goals.
If you really want to lose wieght, you will. It sometimes means sacrifice and being pushed out of your comfort zone, but once you start to feel the benefits of eating healthily and exercising, you will find that you 'get to' workout, not 'have to' workout and it all becomes much easier.
Good Luck!
lordxena
lordxena
United States
2003/04/26, 02:27 AM
I was on Atkins for 2 years. I lost 35lbs and felt great. I actually lost it without even exercising. However, it doesn't work on everyone. My roomy tried it and she didn't lose a single pound and she had a lot more to lose than me. I got off Atkins 'cause I wanted to try something that gave me more food choices. I'm currently on the zone and that's worked wonders as well. Been on it for a year. (though I modify it just a bit by eating extra protein after my workout.
Unfortunately, not all diets are for everyone. Everyone reacts to foods differently.