Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

any friendly advise?

marytweedle
marytweedle
United States
2002/04/04, 05:14 PM
There's a gym downstair where I work, so lunch time is when I work out. I run for 30 minutes then do weights. (Except on Tueday and Friday, I run for 30 and do a yoga class). I'm well into my forth week and I'm seeing minimal results.

Diet? Good, but I guess there's room for improvement. I'm probably NOT eating enough. At the end of the day, I'm starving!

I don't want to get frustrated and quit. I love what I've been able to do so far. Even though I can't see it, I do feel better. I just wish I wasn't still squeezing into my clothes.

Any advise?
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/04/04, 06:35 PM
Welcome to ft!

Basically, I think you have answered your own question. You definitely need to eat...at least 5-7 meals a day!

Also, it seems that you are doing heavy cardio (running for 30 mins.) before weight training? If so, this is bad as you've already spent a good chunk of your glycogen stores during cardio. Run lighter (5-10 mins.), then spend the remainder of your time weight training. Your results will be greater!

Another alternative would be to do your running at a totally different time of day altogether.

Do you currently follow an ft program?

--------------
**_Robert_**
marytweedle
marytweedle
United States
2002/04/04, 06:46 PM
Very Interesting!

I will finish my week out on my current routine. Then next week I'll try your idea and run before or after work. Thanks for the advise and I'll keep you posted.

Thanks!!!!

P.S. Any suggestions on some meal planning? The diet part really isn't my strength.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/04/05, 01:00 AM
Just eat healthy, get rid of all white sugar and saturated fat and include proteins in every meal. Drink tons of water as well.

Cardio can help you to burn some extra calories, but if you really want to shape a beautiful body, weight training is the key.

Good luck!

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....