Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

An Addiction?

arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/07/23, 12:22 AM
Hey all, I've been really getting into my lifting. I love improving and the feeling I get while lifting so much that I work extremely hard (which is the good side of it). But, I find myself doing bench sets in my free time here at the house.... and quite often especially at night. Is this a bad habit to be into? I'm afraid of a possible overuse injury, and I know I'm supposed to get my rest, but I just love working out. I'm doing them with about 90% of my 1RM also.....sets of about 3 or 4- I would like to know what you think

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/07/23, 01:06 PM
Today I've got towel bench, box squat, and auxillaries. I did a few sets last night with 135 (my max is sadly 150). We'll see if I'm affected or weakened.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/07/23, 11:02 PM
The intensity on my workouts are pretty high. They involve Bench, Squats, Deadlifts, Power Cleans, and I always push myself. I am pretty ripped up after workouts, but usually after 2 days or so I'm on my bench at the house doing sets here and there, and I've been going up in weight every week. Maybe I'm just experiencing big gains right now.

--------------
--Vince Lombardi

wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2004/07/24, 10:16 PM
I know exactly what you mean arondaballer. I too, am addicted to the lift. I lift on a AM/PM split, and I still find myself wanting to wander into the weight room in my spare time and days off. I honestly think that it my hardest training week is the one that I take off to recover.

--------------
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/07/24, 10:55 PM
Glad I'm not the only one!:dumbbell:

--------------
--Vince Lombardi