Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Am I doing too much???

bobfox01
bobfox01
Canada
2009/05/23, 10:05 AM
I'm late 50s..OK turned 60 last year... Not dealing with it very well. LOL. I have been swimming (1K..40 minutes) then on other days into the gym thing..Lots of weights/bike/ellip/fast walk on track... It really works out to more than 2 hours a session. I've just bumped up my weights again... ... Abs,legs,shoulder,arms etc ..All of it... I use 9 weight machines. No stand alone weights...I have lost 45 lbs over the last year... It has really slowed down tho...
A good gym buddy of mine who in fact introduced me to this site might think I'm overdoing it... I'm doing swim or gym every day..Sometimes both in a day...
I do feel good but am tired on some days...
Could I be crusin for a bruisin? Should I slow down a bit? Say every 2nd day?? Yesterday I did cramp up a bit in my calfs in the pool.
I appreciate any advice please.
Bob
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/05/23, 01:13 PM
Good hard work is rewarding, but our bodies do need rest in between sessions. Muscle fiber breaks down and repairs itself during rest. Hope I'm as as good shape as you when I am 60!

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/05/23, 01:20 PM
Wow! For a 60 year old your a serious ass kicker! Definitely pat yourself on the back!
Learn as much as you can about nutrition and apply that to your formula. You may not be eating enough considering how active you are.
I prefer to strength train 3 days a week, and do cardio in between(2-3 days a week).