Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

alternative exercise ?

hangclaw
hangclaw
United States
2002/12/16, 11:39 AM
I don't currently own a chin-up bar, and I don't have time to get to a gym, due to my busy schedule. I am restricted to working out at home, which is what makes this site so awesome for me. I also may have a problem mounting a bar in my home(my wife is only going to take so much gear lol). Are there any other exercises I can use to achieve the widening aspect of the back?

----------------------------
"Make savage the body, civilize the mind".
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2002/12/17, 10:12 PM
Assuming you have weights at home, bent over barbell rows(heavy), with alot of emphasis on the stretch(bottom) portion will be of great help. One arm d.b. rows(lawnmower pulls) will also help, again, emphasize the stretch at the bottom. If you can get out to a park, you can usually find in any playground something you can use for wide grip chins.

--------------
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!
hangclaw
hangclaw
United States
2002/12/18, 09:44 PM
Thanks again. The situation is that I do my workout in the morning, before work, in a fairly limited time frame. On the first day of the week, it is usually the back workout for me. The chins are always included with the other exercises you have refered to. Should I just do more of the rows, instead of the chins? Or wont that be effective?