Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

4th Day of Calorie/Carb Cycling

coconutgirl
coconutgirl
United States
2007/02/22, 12:43 PM
I have been doing the diet that bbfit1 had posted where you cycle your cal and carb intake....going very well....cravings have diminished alot....wanting some suggestions on what to add for a high carb day, which would be today ????:big_smile:
Thanks~
Khrysten

--------------
coconutgirl
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/02/22, 05:20 PM
oats, rice sweet potatoes
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2007/02/22, 05:25 PM
Beans, Pasta, Bread also!

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2007/02/22, 05:28 PM
Spaghetti with Wheat Noodles sounds like dinner to me.

Wheat Noodles
Chicken Breast
Sause
Jalapeños and or Mushrooms
Brocoli

Garantied to add calories and fill you up!

--------------
coconutgirl
coconutgirl
United States
2007/02/22, 06:22 PM
I've noticed though that now when I up my carbs, I dont' feel very good after...bloated almost...
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2007/02/22, 06:42 PM
Thats probably the idea and it's to shock your body so you can trick and reset your metabolism.

Or your taking in to much carbs at once but I'm going to stick with the above because when you add proteins it dose the same thing but for me I will also retain water until my body is use too the new protein intake level.

Remember your forcing changes to your body and the body hates changes and has to go through an adaption period just like when we 1st start working out and we get dizzy and hurt real bad and ect but then after awhile we have to add more intense workouts in because the previous because way to easy.

I made huge mistakes in the past while dieting and when it was time to go to maintenance level my body would retain water and I would think I was gaining fat and I would stop and go back to diet intake and I would go back and forth until I really gave trust and ate at a maintenance level and stuck it out with the water retention until my body adjusted and the retention left.

By doing this a added more muscle and now have to raise my intake higher again lol.

All I'm saying is trust what works and I do know how hard it is to do so once you have made a great progress of weight loss. it's real hard to even see a retention happening to your body!

--------------
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/02/22, 07:18 PM
Carb up days make many people feel sluggish. Try to keep your carbs as natural as possible. A high carb day does not mean a reason to pig out on trash. Keeping your carbs along the lines of sweet potatoes, oats, brown rice, beans, etc. should help to diminish these feelings. Throw a bananna in there for a good 'sweet' fix on those days.

============
Quoting from coconutgirl:

I've noticed though that now when I up my carbs, I dont' feel very good after...bloated almost...
=============

--------------
"If it ain't broke, you aren't trying."

coconutgirl
coconutgirl
United States
2007/03/01, 01:57 PM
I wonder if I am retaining water.... that really does mess with your brain....so here's another question....I have switched up my training to doing 3 whole body sessions with HIIT immediatly after and pilates for one hour on opposite days.... do I need more cardio ?? On Fridays I also walk 3 miles with a friend....