Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

30-40 minute weight training?

amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/05/04, 09:47 AM
Well howdy do! Due to some new home scheduling conflicts I've had to rework my workout routines. Again. I am currently getting my cardio before work and have no problem doing that. Timing of the gym opening and distance to it and so on no longer allows me to go there before work. So, what I tried last week was to go to the gym over lunch (an hour) to do my weights. I took the time to set up for the intermediate weight routine here for weight loss, for 5 days a week. It gives me only 3-4 exercises a day though which is kind of strange. I also ignore the number of reps it tells me, but reardless. I'm finding that I can bust out these weight routines in only 30-40 minutes a day which is perfect, gives me time to get back to work before lunch hour is over. But, is this enough? I'm getting the cardio and flexibility training in. I only have two evenings a week I can make it to the gym with family schedules and I have classes those two nights and swim laps in the pool. I can quit these classes if I have to, but I really enjoy them and just don't want to. So, what do y'all think about this shortened weight routine 5 days a week? I'm sore this weekend, so I think it's doing something! ha ha.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/05/05, 08:18 AM
Yes, it is enough.