Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Ecto-endomorph?

Slim-Daddy
Slim-Daddy
Canada
2002/04/17, 05:39 AM
Is there such thing as this body type? because i know there is ecto-mesomorph and endo-mesomorph but ive never heard of ecto-endomorph,does this body type exist?
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/04/18, 01:42 AM
Oh yes, ME!!! Da da daaaa I'm a typical ecto-mesomorph!!!!

Happy to meet you! (o;

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/04/18, 08:22 AM
Okey, I'm more awake now (and re-reading your question)....

No, ENDO-ECTOmorph doesn't exist. It's two extremes and you can not put them together.

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
buchu
buchu
Canada
2005/09/22, 02:33 PM
Okay, I know this thread is WICKED OLD, but I had to post a reply (my 1st here!), as I am convinced that I am indeed the illusive ecto-endomorph. My legs and arms are pathetically skinny, while my gut and chest are disgustingly flabby. My friends often remark that I look like a spider (I hate to think what people say behind my back.)

I wont post a topless pic, as it looks simply grotesque (that and I don’t have a digi-cam.)

I would love to get some advice as I have been working on this issue on and off for about 10 years now. I usually start seeing a bit of definition in my arms and legs, but no reall mass gains. My torso always stays the same, only losing about an inch or so and that’s it.

On the 3 different occasions in my life that I have trained seriously (the last being at the moment) I have always gone for mass for the first 3-4 months (increasing weight with decresing sets, last set 3-4 reps at between 75-90% of of 1RM ) Then I move on to endurance training until I get discouraged and give up (less weight, way more reps.) In both phases I go three times a week, and do a bit of HIIT on off days (we called it Fartlek when I was in high school.)

Anyhow, I am on my 3rd week of such a routine, and once again, as always, my arms and legs are getting a touch of definition, but staying freakishly tiny, and my gut and boobs are still sticky-outty and repulsive, no decrease in fat.

This time around I am paying closer attention to nutrition, no simple carbs, lots of protein (1g per lbs of body weight, or close to it, some from whey, some from soy some from eggs, sardines and tuna,) creatine monhydrate, a multi-vitiamin, a B-50 stress complex for cortisol, milk beofor bed... well, lets just say I know the score for nutrition.

Well, anyone have any advice? :(
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2005/09/22, 03:22 PM
no your not....endomorphs have high body fat storage in the middle of the body... or "pear shaped" i guess you could call it. Ectomorphs are skinny all over, like a b ball player.

You can't mix the 2, not such thing as being tall,lanky but bulky......doesn't work lol

--------------
Friends don\'t let friends squat high...

People don\'t reach thier true potental, only those who seek it.
bropie
bropie
Canada
2005/09/22, 03:59 PM
im in the same situ buchu. i have skinnier arms and legs, with an oversized torso. lately ive been lower rep training for arms and legs (reps of 6- 8), with a bit higher in my torso (reps of 10). for nutrition, i've been getting about 1.25 gr protein per lb bodyweight, about 2 gr carb per lb, and about 90 gr fats.

make sure you are training with intensity.. particularly the extremities. i find it easy to train my chest day in/day out, but i really push it with everything else.
buchu
buchu
Canada
2005/09/22, 04:55 PM
bigandrew...I don't know man...I guess I should try to post a pic. One of my ex-girlfriends says I am an optical illusion.

Well, I digress.

bropie, I had thouhgt about doing that sort of thing, but is that not a bit like spot-training?

I see that it may seem logical to do more reps for the mid-section in order to tone it, but since the problem in that area is fat, isn't your best bet to try to get as much muscle on your body as possible (especially the big muscles like the onces in your back, chest and the quads,) thus increasing the amount of calories you burn to maintain them/increase metabolism?

The way I see it, if I did what you're doing I will get nice strong, hard abs, but they will still be covered in a layer of fat and you won't be able to see them!

But I notice you say you have an "oversized torso"...ovrsized with fat or just bulky muscle? If it is the later, then I can see you routine is good for you.

And when it comes to pushing it, this Navy Seals Resistence Routine I am on really keeps the pressure on!

Thanks for your replies guys and for not riping on me for reviving this old thread, next time I will start a new one (yeah, I read the rules after I did that.)
kenny_wtf
kenny_wtf
United Kingdom
2005/09/23, 10:27 AM
whos a endo-mof-o then? :big_smile:
kenny_wtf
kenny_wtf
United Kingdom
2005/09/23, 10:27 AM
no pun intended:)
bropie
bropie
Canada
2005/09/23, 02:42 PM
in my situation, i have bulky muscle in my torso and the only real fat area is around my gut. i should say that its more or less just chest that i am training a bit higher, as it is particularly large and bulky. so i have been doing higher reps to shape my chest, and watching my diet to get rid of the fat. i guess in a sense its like spot training, as im working different areas to different levels to even out the playing field (so to speak).
helbermello
helbermello
Brazil
2011/08/21, 11:59 AM
After years I still wonder what kind body type I have got.
The fact is that everytime I bulk, I get 1 pound of fat for every 2 pounds of muscles... That would make me an endomorph... But, I lose fat a bit easy and have a small skeleton frame (narrow shoulders and small bones)that would me en ectormorph... Any idea of what kind body is this? Am i an alien? P.S. I also have a big head... so when I get skinny, I look like an alien...