Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Marijuana and weight training

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages
Apneac
Apneac
United States
2005/06/01, 07:15 PM

============
Quoting from sonic:

I occasionally like to smoke a joint before I work out. I find that I have alot more energy and that I don't notice the fatigue or muscle stiffness as much. I heard from a friend though, that marijuana can slow down the muscle building process? Is this true does anyone know?
Other than the smoke and tar are there any chemical side effect.
Could I just make weed cookies and eat them or something

=============
sonic,

It appears your question got lost in the shuffle. It is my understanding that your friend is correct. We are all at different stages in the development of our healthy lifestyle goals. As a former cigarette smoker (and also recovered addict/alcoholic), I will say that the smoke itself is probably also hindering your progress ... from a pulmonary standpoint.

On another note, welcome! As for judging in any moral or philisophical sense, I refrain, thankyouverymuch. God did not appoint me to judge any person and the same is applicable to all (unless He appeared and posted and I missed it). You are where you are, and that's none of my business unless it directly impacts my life (and we'd deal with that if it were to come about)! Best of luck to you with your fitness goals!

Only by His Grace, could it be ... there go I! I'll let you know when I fully extinguish my chips, soda, ding-dongs, and pork rinds! ROFL

--------------
~ Apneac
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2005/06/01, 08:40 PM
apneac and sativa this is a old post Im shure sonic is long gone!! please look at the dates and use back posts for info purposes.

--------------
I am that
which must be feared, worshipped and adored. The world is mine
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am ANIMAL! and that is enough.
Apneac
Apneac
United States
2005/06/01, 08:46 PM
mmaibohm,

Sorry. I don't know sonic or his circumstances, I took an interest in the thread. Please note, I just joined today. Didn't know there was a timeline on posting/threads. My sincere apologies.

--------------
~ Apneac
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2005/06/01, 10:03 PM
NO need to be sorry!! newbies do it allot lol welcome aboard.

--------------
I am that
which must be feared, worshipped and adored. The world is mine
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am ANIMAL! and that is enough.
Apneac
Apneac
United States
2005/06/01, 10:14 PM
Thanks. I just found a post on this too. Not doing so well with the "go to Forum Boards Help" options to learn about "rules & etiquette" but I found them, one by one.

:laugh:

It's very nice here. I think I'm all situated at last. Been on here most of today!!! But glad to be familiar and have all my ducks in a row. Ahhhh ...

Now for the easy part! ROFLMAO

--------------
~ Apneac
paganbabies
paganbabies
United States
2009/11/25, 04:54 PM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.
daimenkain
daimenkain
United States
2009/12/03, 03:52 PM
"it can provoke severe anxiety or panic attacks..and suppresses the immune system"

Umm..what? I'm a regular weed smoker, and have several friends who are the same and I've never seen weed lead to anxiety or panic attacks. I also never ever ever get sick. Ever. I can't even tell you the last time I was sick except for maybe a sore throat in the winter and that lasts a day.

I know it's not the healthiest thing in the world to do, but it brings me enjoyment and doesn't really affect my life in any truly negative ways. I hate how so many people assume that if you smoke weed regularly that makes you lazy or a dope or something.

I haven't missed a day of work in God knows how long and I have to wake up at 5:30 every morning and commute for 90mins-2hours every day. I'm one of the best people at my job and I've never been pulled over for erratic driving or anything. It doesn't make me want to skip workouts either.

I think it's like anything. Some people can handle it; other people can't. I don't think you should adopt a "well you can live a healthy lifestyle and be teh best you can be, or you can live your boring hum-drum lifestyle" attitude because there are plenty of instances where people don't do everything perfectly in life. Does that make them a bad person? For example, are they liable for rebuke if they life weights but then also choose to skydive? I mean that's a risky, potentially unhealthy life choice to make, right?

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages