Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

brainwashing

bicep
bicep
Canada
2001/10/21, 10:55 PM
hi guys,
I took a some time off from posting and reading about working out.

This is what I found out, I tried some supplements over the summer whey and glutamine....
my results :
getting fat

For the last month and a half I`ve stopped taking any supplements, results:
more define (no more fat)
no loss of strength, and actually I lift more (mind power)

I still wanna go back to supplement, `cause I`m brainwashed......... but no more money wasting for me.....

besides my workout partner doesn`t even eat properly he has no clue aboutaialy portions of proteins carbs fat ..
and he`s getting bigger......

it`s all up to you but you should try this once and honestly think abouit it....
ken30307
ken30307
United States
2001/10/22, 09:08 AM
All depends on what you call a supplement I guess. But I think that your partner who doesn't eat properly may have a genetic gift that I don't! (luckly him-- as long as it's muscle bigness and not fat bigness) I always suggest that people don't waste their money anc choose from some basic building block things and if they have extra cash to try something new. All goes back to what I've said before...only commit to what you think you can do for the long haul.

If the whey was making you fat then it's the calories and maybe the timing of it. I don't think that anyone thinks that protein is bad for muscle building.
coolness
coolness
United States
2001/10/22, 07:51 PM
True. How could protein be bad for muscle building? Could've been the calories. What kind of a diet did you follow during your hiatus??

coolness...
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2001/10/22, 09:50 PM
Whey protein won't make you fat. It had to have been something else in the diet. Could have been an increase in carbs. Protein will not turn to fat, but carbs can for storage. Glutamine is an amino acid - it will not turn to fat. Examine your diet a bit closer, bicep.

You say your friend is getting bigger and that is probably true. When I worked out in high school I didn't take any supplements and I didn't know much about the target intake of each of the macronutrients, but I built a lot of good solid mass. Prisoners do it too. And you know they can't run to GNC when they need extra protein. It can happen, but soon your friend will hit a wall (the dreaded plateau). Your friend will need that extra nutrtion to help build lean mass and prevent muscle wasting.
ken30307
ken30307
United States
2001/10/23, 07:10 AM
or when he get's older....whichever comes first :)
SeanyBoy
SeanyBoy
Canada
2001/10/26, 02:57 PM
Bicepts i dont know about you man but i'll tell you about myself..

I use to work out before i use to weight 115...i'm 5'6 after i started taking supplements whey protien, creatin(On and off) glutamin, vitamins and lots of water i realized how much they really helped me.. i have more energy to work out with them, i push more weight and i'm sitting at 155 with 15.7% body fat.. which isn't the best but my improvment was amazing .. i compare myself to myself...\

there is no magic pills, they only help you to open the door... You have to open it...

Good luck.

Cheers

SeanyBoy
ThunderMan
ThunderMan
United States
2001/10/29, 01:52 AM
That is a good point but do you think that this output from laying off the vitamins and proteins is a long term or short term effect?
ken30307
ken30307
United States
2001/10/29, 11:01 PM
Can't say that I would advise ANYONE to "laying off the vitamins and proteins" I think that a good diet and a multi-vitamin is good for anyone..even if you are not working out. When I take a holiday from the supps...I still keep a ballanced diet and take vitamins...we all need that
coolness
coolness
United States
2001/10/29, 10:40 PM
Hey bicep,

How are you doing without supps??

coolness...
theaznguy1187
theaznguy1187
United States
2001/10/30, 12:11 AM
i havent been on this site for awhile but then i saw this in the post. Im not doubting this because I noticed better gains my self with a strict diet w/o any supps. Im not saying glutamine is bad but the thing that pisses me off is some people act like they cant make gains without supps. and the problem is they start beleiving their own bs once they talk about it so much.
mermaidca
mermaidca
United States
2009/08/15, 10:29 AM
I recently took out gluten and lactose from my diet and lost 10 pounds straight away without "dieting." If you tend to bloat and get fat easily, think about having your blood tested for Celiac Disease, which is more common than we think. It's when your body does not tolerate gluten. Gluten is found in almost everything people normally eat in the West, such as bread, pasta, and even in gravies, ketchup and mustard! Check out how to be gluten free on Google and learn to read food labels. There's a lot of info out there, and a lot of delicious alternative foods to be discovered without worrying about dieting. I eat as much as I want now, but I find I'm not longer starved for food. Because I was not processing the gluten I was eating, it went straight to bloating and fattening me, so after eating for example a sandwich (bread=gluten), I was hungry for another sandwich because nutrition wise my body really hadn't eaten. Anyway, I'm still researching all this, but I've been gluten free for one month so far and feel really great and hopeful. Check your vitamins and make sure they are gluten free!