Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

help...weak back .......

bigdavid
bigdavid
United States
2001/09/30, 06:12 PM
seated row is no problem to do...i can do all 4 sets..the whole rack which is not much 150 lbs very easily

Close pull down I could do 200 lbs 4 sets very easily 15 reps ..
good so far
this is my ninth month of weight training....

here is the problem...
i cant do wide pull-up/chin-up for nothing
i do 8 reps my first set
6.. 2nd reps
5.. 3rd rep
5.. 4th rep
all done with assistance of 30 lbs..
it pisses me off... i try to work it ,, i seen improvement in all my other work out
but this i cant do for nothing....
my program tells me to do only 2 back workout
which is wide chin ups...cant do for nothing.,.and
seated raws which I could do very easily...
I do 2 other back work out on my own ,,, I feel is not enough
with the 2 ft is telling me to do...is that OK....
please help me out here how can I do
wide grip chin up ,, without assistance,
thank you very much.....

jbennett
jbennett
United States
2001/09/30, 08:38 PM
Sounds very similar to the way I was at the beginning of this year. I could barely do 5 reps, but now I can easily do 15 per set. Just keep trying. I know its frustrating, but just give it time. The best way to strengthen that area is the keep attacking it and trying hard to obtain your goals. This is Arnold's method in the "Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding": Do 50 reps of wide-grip pull ups everytime you work your back. It doesn't matter how many sets it takes, just as long as you reach 50 reps. Soon, you will see that it takes less and less sets to achieve 50. This method has definately worked for me. Try it out and I'm willing to bet you'll see an improvemnt by the end of October. Good luck!