Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Wanted to lose, but have gained

nonsenseamy
nonsenseamy
United States
2003/01/05, 03:29 AM
I was 155lbs female, 5'4''. Now have gained 10 lbs in 4 days. I reduced cals, carbs, and fats. I drink plenty of water. Exercise twice a day. I jog in mornings and weight train with light weights, so I do not build mass in afternoons. Can anyone help me find out why I am gaining instead of losing?
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2003/01/05, 10:33 AM
With out knowing what you eat, etc it is hard. If you read some of the older posts(do not worry I will try to help now) they may shed some light on this subject. First how many times a week are you working out? Again, overtraining can lead to some funny things happening. I know this will sound crazy, but you may not be eating enough or the right foods. And I can see from your post that you are like many women, afrais of mass. Here is the thing, almost 95% of women will not bulid a good amount of mas without help. LIke roids and such...some are exceptions. You will find that if you lifted heavier and ate more youmight see a big change...Like I said read some of the other posts here and see what ya think. Good luck!

--------------
IF YOU CAN STILL ITCH YOUR NOSE AFTER ARM DAY, GO DO ANOTHER SET!!!
erirvine
erirvine
United Kingdom
2003/01/05, 02:15 PM
Over your the menstrual cycle your weight will fluctuate due to the effects of the changed hormone levels, so strictly you should only compare measurements taken at the same point in the cycle. 10lbs seems a lot to increases though (but I am no expert on the subject) long term you could monitor this effect though.
Also were the conditions the same for each measurement? I mean the same scales, unclothed ect… Remember only to trust a good pair of scales; my weight fluctuates wildly from scale to scale when I just try cheap household ones (though luckily I have got access to a very accurate set in my research lab). Or was either measurement taken just before or after going to the toilet or eating a heavy meal. All these effects might be small individually but might have added up to give you the anomalous result, even as fat 10lb is a lot to gain in 1week.
Oh and if these don’t explain it and you have been eating a restricted diet, and there is nothing else that caused it (can’t tell as you have no profile) then you have just stumbled upon a miracle training regime. You can now make a fortune selling it to people – can you tell it me for free?
pj
pj
Canada
2003/03/20, 08:28 PM
The advice is to make a diary and note what your eating everydays, like how many calories, carbs protein etc... if you see what your eating and still is gaining weight then decrease your calories and carbs and boost up your protein intake..
Lonegirl
Lonegirl
Canada
2003/03/21, 08:26 AM
Remember not to jump on the scale every day. If you had one plate of food and 1 glass of water and then jumped on hte scale you could add up to 3 pounds in food weight. Weigh only once a week. Do measurements weekly or every other to judge. Write down EVERYTHING you eat so that you are conscious of it all (I was and sometimes still am a sneak eater) Writing it down will help you gauge what, how much and when you eat. Track your training too. Don't worry you can do it!
PAT
jxlynxli
jxlynxli
United States
2003/03/21, 09:47 AM
what exactly are you eating? and how are your workout routines? you need to be a little bit more specific so we can hel you out...
mmh4
mmh4
United States
2003/04/24, 11:56 PM
OK, I need an explanation. I am a 5'8, 135 lb female, 19, and very muscular. I just did the body percentage quiz, and according to it, im at 26 %, which is overweight! Does anyone know what happened there? My measurements were 27 for waist, 6 for wrist, 9 for forearm, and 37 for hips. AHHHHH. Its not like reduced my measurements are going to help, because I have been trying for a long time! HELP
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2003/05/02, 01:26 PM
well i did that thing too and it said i have 50% body fat lol.......... i think somthing i s alil wrong with it.........because i went to strength coach in my college and found out i actually went from 21% last jan to 15% last october so the calculator is alil wrong......b/c everyone has different bone dinisities some h9ld more water etc......... best way is to ask a health gym if they have calipers........its kinda embarrassing cause i hade to strip done to boxers and a wife beater but i think on girls they use the 3 point method and not the 6 point liek they do on guys.

now regarding nonesenseamy............i used to be the same way liek you..........i would weigh in the morning and if i weighed over 220 i wouldn't eat till i was under 220 then eat even if it meant i not eat till 6 o clock that day next ur body weight will flucuiate since u r working out u will gain some weight b/c ur build muscle
i did a speach on this 5 lbs of fat is about the size of a jumbo roll of toliet paper, 5 lbs of muscle looks liek a bar of soap different dinnisity wise. but that fat will burn an extra 200 to 300 calories a week every day it will burn calories.........finally my old weight room caoch gave me a piece of advice that i still believe in..........WHAT WOULD U RATHER BE??.......10 LBS HEAVER FEEL LIKE SHIT, BUT THINK U "LOOK" GOOD....OR 10LBS HEAVER FEEL GOOD, FEEL STRONG AND HEALTHY??
I'M NOW ABOUT 237 AND I'M STRONGER THAN I EVER BEEN!
CarbLO
CarbLO
United States
2003/05/08, 05:38 PM
Without an effective supplement, to get control of your carbohydrates you are going to have to give up fresh made dinner roles, pasta salads, cakes, cookies, french fries, baked potatoes, bread sticks, rice and more. Don't make things hard on yourself when you don't have to, there is a safe alternative to help you today.

I found that when you start thinking and saying what you really want then your mind automatically shifts and pulls you in that direction.

--------------
The old thinking was that fat made us fat
http://www.Maliburep.com