Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Guy wants his Best friend Who is a girl

Yahooo
Yahooo
United States
2002/11/04, 10:36 AM
My Bestfriend is a girl, I love everything about her, i want to have her. How do I get her to like me in that other way?
workingoutgirl
workingoutgirl
United States
2002/11/04, 11:08 AM
Just be honest. First of all you don't give us much to go on like...does she have a current boyfriend/relationship going on now? If so............I wouldn't interfere. If she doesn't - you have to first think what would happen to the friendship if you let her know how you feel...that it's deeper than a friendship to you (of course you would explain how so) I guess the big thing you face is risk...of what will happen to the friendship and your possible feelings of rejection IF that happens.
But, all in all, friendship is the best thing in a relationship, that which some couples don't have in their married life. I guess best for you if the situation is right...be on the up and up with her, take her to dinner and explain that your feelings are deeper than friendship and you'd like to explore the possiblilty of a stronger relationship and start dating her...after you tell her all you admire in her. Pamper her with this date to let her know just how special she is is to you in your life. IF all goes well...then plan some sort of get-away weekend for the two of you with some decent fun plans.........and go from there. Go slow and respect her "shock" on all this...you may be shocked too IF she unveils some feelings she has had too. Ya never know until you open up. Opening up is important in a relationship...communication is a BIG key! Good Luck!
Sempai
Sempai
Canada
2002/11/04, 10:27 PM
My best friend is a girl too my wife to be exact. Like working girl said give some detail.

--------------
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember the ark was built by amateurs, The Titanic was built by professionals.
dpking44
dpking44
United States
2002/11/05, 09:23 AM
Sounds like a job for "Dr. Abby." Getting a woman to look at you in a different light, i.e., more in an intimate light, is tricky, especially if she thinks of you as a friend. I agree with workingoutgirl, tell her how you feel. That will be the quickest, perhaps the most painful way to find out if you should pursue. At least you'll know upfront.
Good luck dude.
DP
effalunt
effalunt
Canada
2002/11/05, 12:01 PM
I was in love with my best friend for a long time--and totally shocked when he moved away before I had the guts to tell him I loved him. Tell the girl before you have to look back and regret keeping your mouth shut.
Yahooo
Yahooo
United States
2002/11/05, 12:12 PM
I think at one time, she may have liked me that way. I sort of told her while i was drunk once, she said that I am her friend and plus it would look bad for her since my former best friend is her ex boyfriend. When I get close to her, she tends to not talk to me for a while, cuz she thinks i get too close to her. I think she is the one for me
workingoutgirl
workingoutgirl
United States
2002/11/05, 12:25 PM
I still say be on the up with her like we are suggesting. Think of this...before you can even move on and try to find another gal....you're going to be hard on other women because this one gal is stuck in your mind. Just try our suggestions....if she gives you the negative sign, say well, I needed to know this, I still hope you'll remain being friends with me, because you are important to me and I enjoy being around you. Then pursue other women...maybe some day....she'll get a tad jealous when she sees you happy in another relationship....and...her loss! But really, if it was meant to be.....things would fall into place. Her relationship with your ex friend is history and there is nothing wrong with dating an ex in my book...they are an...ex for a reason eh? TIME is important in any relationship. So many people rush to the alter and never really get to know that other person and later...head for the divorce court. In discussing how you feel, if you both seem to communicate well, get along well, enjoy each others time, advice etc...mention that....and mention that is part of the success of a relationship and that you feel you have found that with her. If things don't go the way you wish...she IS NOT THE ONE FOR YOU. Okay?
workingoutgirl
workingoutgirl
United States
2002/11/08, 10:30 AM
Well, YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOo - did you do anything yet...now you have to keep us all ....POSTED! Status update dude!
Yahooo
Yahooo
United States
2002/11/08, 04:00 PM
Didn't say anything yet, I think some progress is being made, She is being more open with me, like telling me real intimate things, and I think she is getting more comfortable being near me. Im just taking things real slow.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2002/11/08, 04:16 PM
Don't bring up the lovey dovey stuff while you are drunk. She might not believe you.
Just my 2cents!

--------------
To change it, or to create it, simply train it!
jnellie
jnellie
United States
2002/11/08, 05:24 PM
hey working out girl when do we get to see a picture there ......
workingoutgirl
workingoutgirl
United States
2002/11/09, 07:10 AM
Hey carivan....don't you know....alcohol is the truth serum? Actually truth comes out under the influnece. And Jnellie...working on it. :o) <------------there I am!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2002/11/09, 10:10 AM
DUHH!

--------------
To change it, or to create it, simply train it!
marka
marka
Philippines
2002/12/15, 03:23 AM
I agree with workingoutgirl. I drank the other night and it was then when I realised how in love I was with my female friend, as the case is with yahoo. Actually I really had a crush on her for a time. She's not really a gorgeous babe but there's something in her that really attracts me. Anyway, that night I almost proposed my love. But what stopped me is that she already has a boyfriend. She mentioned some time back that she's not that serious, but I don't know. HELP!!! We all hate that third party. Do you think I should let it pass?
workingoutgirl
workingoutgirl
United States
2002/12/15, 09:44 AM
If she already has a boyfriend, it may not do any good......what it depends on.....is........how her relationship IS with this guy. If you know it is shakey..then by all means invite her out to maybe do somethingfun or help you with say some xmas shopping and just talk to her about how you feel and if things cease with the guy she is seeing that maybe something could evolve then between the two of you. Just be OUT with it and done...then you will have your answers. IF nothing comes of it then it's out of your mind for you to move into another direction. YOU need a profile on here new guy!
temulent
temulent
Canada
2003/02/18, 01:14 PM
my 2 cents- my best friend is a guy, and we always had this unspoken thing, but were both too afraid to say anything. If it wasnt for alcohol, we would not have hooked up. I know it sounds bad, but after being best friends for 5 years we needed a little liquid courage to change the pace. The way I see it, if you are unsure that she is into you, DONT come out and say you like her in a romantic way cause you are risking losing a friendship if she is unreceptive. she will be totally uncomfortable with you now. See ho wshe responds to you after a couple of drinks for 2 reasons: 1. alcohol really is like truth serum for the uncourageous. and 2. if she is not giving off a vibe when you approach her, you can blame it on the alcohol and keep the friendship. Its not the greatest approach honousty-wise, but if you are unsure of her feelings, its the way to go to at least keep the friendship. if she does respond in a good way, then great, but take it slowwww. It took me and my boyfriend/best friend 2 years to make the full transition.
azahir
azahir
Maldives
2003/02/18, 11:17 PM
Having a best friend who is the opposite sex is going to be difficult cos at some point things are going to turn around could be for better or could lead to a disaster.

When I was in collage I had a best friend who was a girl. We were very open to each other in every thing we talked about, even sex. Eventually when we spent more time together our feelings towards each other changed and we ended up getting involved in a relationship. When our relationship ended the friendship we had earlier also ended.

Think twice before you do anything.

--------------
"The Sunny Side of Life"