Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Life....Exploration...Wow

Bnoble
Bnoble
United States
2002/09/05, 08:52 AM
As is the case with most of my life recently, I have been experiencing some profound changes in perception, and attitude.

Some of the syptoms associated with these changes has been my desire to improve my general health, and shape. That's how I got here.

Another area was my mental state, I began looking at a lot of the premises that I had been basing my actions on, and challenging them. I re-thought my work ethic..and examined my motivations and where and what I was trying to do, and whether my current path would lead me there. As it turned out, no major changes were necessary other than a re-commitment to my job, and perhaps a change in the motivation I have behind what I do.

Lastly, I have been taking a look into my spiritual nature, and what a can-of-worms that has been. I have no desire to turn into some flaked out meditative ball of jello, but at the same time, I try to remain as open minded as possible to things that ring true to my soul.

I am in my early thirties, and I'd like to say that this "Transformation" started about a year ago, anybody going through the same thing?

Am I getting "Way to heavy" for this board, I guess I'd just like to see if there's anyone else on this ride with me out there.

If not, please disregard....lol

----------------------------
"When going through hell......DON'T STOP"
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2002/09/05, 09:23 AM
You said a mouthful!! I think we all go through some sort of life examination at some period. Sounds like your desired changes are for the positive. Good luck to you, and welcome to the board.
Sempai
Sempai
Canada
2002/09/05, 10:34 AM
Well I must agree with you I am pretty much doing the same thing to some degree total over all improvement. I am a firm believer that by improving ones help is the first step I think once you have improved heath most other things also improve attitude, mental well being, outlook becomes more posative. So in general if you improve your health you improve the whole thing.
So good luck on your transformation

--------------
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember the ark was built by amateurs, The Titanic was built by professionals.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2002/09/05, 02:16 PM
I hear you. I went thru something similar about 2 years ago...you will get thru it the better for it. Hang in there good luck!!!!

--------------
Life comes by only once....Live it to the fullest!
anurag_chigs
anurag_chigs
India
2002/09/13, 04:43 PM
ye i too gotmuch more confident
aft that and moreover i dont care for gals now so more independent, someday if i dont go i feel uneasy that day
it has bcome a integral part of life
so keep doing
EGChic207
EGChic207
United States
2002/09/14, 12:49 AM
wow, I felt the same way too! About a year ago when I started finally taking control of my life (physically) I have been feeling alot better about myself phsically mentally emotionaly and even spiritually...pretty neat huh?

--------------
Tiffany Der #10

"You have to make it through the rain in order to see the Rainbow........."
jshaddow
jshaddow
United States
2003/02/27, 06:23 PM
You know bnoble, I think everyone does this "self-evaluation" on themselves. But it sounds like you're at the more up-graded one! I feel the same exact way! Especially about the spiritual nature. I want to "grow" more, too, but not the corny way you see it at a church or on t.v.( not to sound mean). It's definitely a weird transition, isn't?