Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

best to use

bigdawg032
bigdawg032
United States
2002/06/09, 07:30 PM
I've already used Hydroxycut and Stacker 2 and my body has adjusted to each so now I am looking for something new to use. I was thinking about either xenadrine or an animal product. I was wondering if anyone can tell me which would be better for me to use. My profile is filled out with what I want to accomplish and I searched the boards and couldn't find anything that helped me. So if anyone can give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2002/06/09, 09:12 PM
bigdawg - it's been 30 yrs since I've been where you are but from what your profile says (and you sound a lot like I did), I'd consider doing some really intense circuit training for 3 or 4 weeks along with some heavy cardio on your non training days. That'll get your metabolism moving in the right direction and then switch over to the progressive gains program. You can use all the supplements that you think might help but when it comes right down to it, it's diet and exercise. It sounds like you're in your first year of training and if that's the case you can expect some phenomenal gains, supplements or not, but that depends on you.
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/06/10, 01:10 AM
I agree, fat burners can help. But it really comes down to a good solid cardio schedule and diet. I personally like the animal products.

--------------
Practice does NOT make perfect. Perfect practice does.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/06/10, 02:22 AM
I know it says on the bottles that you have to take I don't know how many pills so or so many times daily. Forget that. Those companies just want to sell their products and they make you eat tons of pills.
If you want your body NOT to get use to the pills (and the fat burning/thermo effect) then take them less regulary.
I only take some around every second day (and half the amount) and my body still gets a great boost of the ECA stack and I can weight train for hours.

Those bottles are quite expensive so what use do you have if you have no longer any effects?

Also do some HIIT to boost up your metabolism. Good luck!

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/06/10, 02:24 AM
Oh sorry I forgot to say; just don't ever take MORE pills (in a setting or daily) than written on the bottles....... You'll just be risking your health and that's nooooooooo good.

--------------
bigdawg032
bigdawg032
United States
2002/06/12, 09:42 PM
How does the high intesity interval training work. How much am I supposed to do each week and for how long and how does it progress. I've heard a little about this form of training but not enough to know how to do it. Thanks
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/06/13, 02:05 AM
3-4 times weekly for 20-30 mins.
Please read the HIIT article under weekly articles here at Freetrainers.com
Everything is explained there.

--------------