Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Whey Protein Drinks - anyone?

workingoutgirl
workingoutgirl
United States
2002/02/10, 10:19 AM
Probably has been asked before....hummm,,,,maybe I'll give up my glass of wine for a whey protein drink? I asked some guy (really built) at the gym if he took any supplements...after talking he said really all he takes now is a whey protein drink (does about 4-5 a day) my weeny butt probably couldnt drink that many - but - do these work? I don't think I pound on the protein anyway, sometimes I feel working out I get whipped but am really wanting to get in tip top shape for the summer...gotta stroll at the pool looking decent ya know! (Ok so I need plastic surgery and a new head....go figure!) BUT REALLY, has anyone used?
feelnfit
feelnfit
United States
2002/02/10, 12:29 PM
i use optimum nutrition 100%whey. i use it about 2- times sometimes 3 a day. it helps supplement my protein intake when i cannot eat enough. as far as drinking 4-5 a ady naaaaaa. too many shakes for me. solid foods stay longer in your stestem plus more good vitamins from them than liquid.
plus when you drink all those shakes you may loose weight because they donnot stay in your system long enough to be totally absorb.
i use a skake right after a workout and before bed. sometimes mid mornin too.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/02/10, 01:32 PM
I cannot do without my protein shakes. No, it's not the taste (or even the texture) that makes me addicted, but the results that I've seen on my body since getting a higher daily protein intake.

I have been weight training for sooo many years now, but it's not before I changed my diet (and made sure of getting enough proteins) that I was getting the wanted results.

Trust me, the diet you follow next to the training will give you at least 80% of the results.

Finally, yes I drink 2-3 shakes daily, eat 10-15 eggs, milk, yogurt and soooome chicken (I'm vegetarian) and all that and being on a diet.......

Cheers!!
feelnfit
feelnfit
United States
2002/02/10, 01:42 PM
i do not use them as a meal replacemnt just to boost that protein and sometimes to push a few more calories. now that i am dieting i stay away frm milk in them and add water and ice , maybe some pnutbutter for extra carbs or fruit. they are pretty good too!
david
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/02/10, 03:43 PM
I use it as a meal replacement. Most of us don't have time to prepare 5-7 "real" meals per day, so we supplement with protein powders. Whey protein is particularly good to take immediately after your workout.

Good luck!
elusivelyblind
elusivelyblind
United States
2003/03/09, 01:08 PM
i dont eat any meat at all... no fish no bird or anything, but i do eat dairy products. is there anyone out there who could tell me how to gain a couple more pounds of muscle mass without having to eat an animal...
TIMZSS
TIMZSS
United States
2003/03/10, 01:33 PM
The guy at the gym was probably trying to impress you by saying he drinks 4-5 a day. I personnaly drink 2 a day, eat 2 protein bars, plus my regular meals. I think EAS makes the best tasting protein drinks and I've had good results with them.

--------------
-Tim
6'5" 220 lbs
kirby00
kirby00
United States
2003/03/10, 04:29 PM
Yeah. 4-5 protein shakes a day sounds like a lot. Does he eat much *real* food?

I kind of alternate between oatmeal and a shake for breakfast (powder, milk, water, and fruit). Depending on what kind of workout I have that evening, I'll have another shake later in the afternoon. I think that the powders that have a combination of whey and other kinds of proteins (like soy) are better than just whey...read that somewhere on the boards.

Elusivelyblind...***tofu***, cottage cheese, eggs (if you're lacto-ovo), protein shakes, soy products, veggie burgers/morningstar proudcts - check the protein first - some are all carbs, occasionally some peanut butter (watch the fat though) ...all non-meat protein sources.