Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Beginner weightlifting and supps

robs02r6
robs02r6
United States
2002/02/04, 04:13 PM
I am just really getting back to lifting weights. And
never really had much experience with putting together a
routine and what kind of supplements I may need. I am not
looking to put on insane amounts of muscle. Just trying to
tighten up what I got and maybe a few pounds. Any tips
would be appreciated.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/02/04, 06:44 PM
If you haven't already, you should really sign up for an ft program. Let ft provide you with a routine. Also, fill out the profile section letting us know of your goals and current exercise regimen so that we can provide better advice in the future.

As far as supplementation, there are the basics that you should consider: creatine, glutamine, protein powder and multivitamin.

Welcome to ft, BTW!
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2002/02/04, 11:23 PM
couldn't say it better..........and Welcome to FT.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/02/05, 02:18 AM
My advice to you is don't worry about supplements in the beginning. Your body has a biiig reserve of the needed things (if you take protein shakes now and your body doesn't really need it yet, you'll just get fat!).

If you want, you should start with a good multi vitamin, but the rest, it'll come later.

Just concentrate about learning to use your body again and to take good heavy compound exercises for the mass.

Good luck!
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2002/02/05, 05:27 AM
You need to eat. Plain and simple. Workout for a month or two and only supplement more food and water in your diet. A good multivitamin is essential, though. After you get a good foundation of muscle or you stop seeing results, try supplementing more protein, glutamine, and/or creatine. If you want to start taking a protein supplement now, that's fine. Don't worry: protein supplements will not make you fat. It is chemically impossible for protein and muscle to be converted to fat. Its usually the high sugar/carb content in some supplements that have this effect on a few people. Isopure protein and Simply Whey by EAS are both very good.