Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Need some advice...

redmoonbeamz
redmoonbeamz
United States
2002/03/08, 02:39 PM
Hi all. My boyfriend turned me on to this, and now I need some advice. I've always been what you would call pudgy. Not really fat, but I'm not thin either. Anyway, I joined this to lose weight. I've been the exact same weight for 2 years, and I have a very slow metabolism. I used to gain weight without eating much, and I never was able to really lose weight. Now that my boyfriend is this big health nut, I feel like I have to lose some weight. What are some effective exercises, considering he doesn't think it's a good idea I go on diet pills.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/03/08, 03:56 PM
Welcome to ft! My advice would be for you to sign up for an ft weight loss and tone program.

--------------
**_Robert_**
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/03/09, 01:51 AM
Exercise...... This will wake up your metabolism and give you more energy. You need to exercise at least 2-3 times a week thou to gain anything. Don't be afraid to weight train and to take heavy, we women don't put on muscles that easy.

Good luck!

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
workingoutgirl
workingoutgirl
United States
2002/03/10, 09:27 AM
You will get great advise on here so post your questions or search for things to get what you want. Detail everything you do on paper (I think it helps to log what you are eating) and you can log your exercises at the gym...if you go. If you don't belong to a gym...invest in some free weights...(Walmart has nice free cheap priced weights (neoprene covered) - I have 3's, 5's, 8's, and 10's for now. Also get some "bands" - great for resistant training and do a pretty darn good job...available at most sporting good stores like "Dick's". A jump rope also is great to have. So, if you don't belong to a gym (oh - ad the ab slide...just got it and its wonderful so far!) - but you can make a routine at home too! JUST DO IT - you will love the results......just understand it takes time and get three months in of a solid workout and you'll see....it does work! Just make sure you watch your fat intake and calorie count as well. Good Luck...and ad your profile on here.
jaypaco
jaypaco
United States
2002/03/11, 07:02 PM
Been doing the exercise bit since 1968. The easy way is to cut down on the calories and increase the exercise. Wife went to Weight watcher and cooks all the food with low fat
heavy herb. The exercise is easy. Walk 30 minutes a day at a good pace. Weekly try to improve on your walking times or distance. My job situation allowes me to walk 50-60 minutes a shift. Been a member of Bally's for 10 years.
Heavy workouts on day off upper/lower body workouts. If you mess up and eat at McD's or BK workout harder the next few day-the weight should come off. Working out in front of TV Running in place/weight/etc works also.
Peace