Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

E.R.T.

SandyQ
SandyQ
Canada
2003/01/28, 05:52 PM
I've been fighting with the idea of to take or not to take estogen. I know I'm young to be going thru this. I was on Estrogen last year but opted to go off and take black cohosh instead. My question is: does being on estrogen cause weight gain and also, anybody read any new studies re; uterine/breast cancer??
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/01/29, 02:44 AM
Well maybe I'm not the very best person to answer this, but I can tell you that everytime we "touch" our hormones (estrogen or progestoron) you'll always be risking some side effects.
Now everybody is different so I cannot tell you how it'll be for you.

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
iwanna
iwanna
United States
2003/01/31, 07:18 PM
Hi sandy just a little note about estrogen.. dont take it.. it does in most cases make you gain weight .. also is linked to heart attack cancer and all the bad stuff . Black cohosh pumps up blood pressure.. I dont know what you need the hrt for but.. there is soy that helps with menopause... can get it over the counter called "healthy woman" I am a registered nurse.. I hope i have helped somewhat Good luck...

============
Quoting from SandyQ:

I've been fighting with the idea of to take or not to take estogen. I know I'm young to be going thru this. I was on Estrogen last year but opted to go off and take black cohosh instead. My question is: does being on estrogen cause weight gain and also, anybody read any new studies re; uterine/breast cancer??

=============
INTRUDER
INTRUDER
United States
2003/02/03, 02:37 PM
It could have killed my mother; some doctors are real iddiots.

--------------
"Get everthing you want--just make a little change now"