Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

Need to find muscular,fit, over 40 women

bigbike
bigbike
United States
2002/09/04, 01:56 PM
I am looking for web addresses or magazines that are dedicated to women over 40 who are muscular. I am not kidding. I need roll models to aspire to and am having a hard time in finding pictures.

----------------------------
You've never looked into my eyes, what don't you want to know?
garyoz
garyoz
Australia
2002/09/04, 11:46 PM
I don't know if this would help but I noticed that on the www.bodybuilding.com site, they have now introduced a "baby boomers" section which features a lovely "post 40 year-old" lady! This particular section has some interesting info for us 40+ year olds! There was a magazine which Joe Weider put out at some past stage called "Moxie" - it was aimed at more mature women (my wife had one copy which is tucked away somewhere). Maybe a look through the secondand bookstores might be fruitful???? I wish you every success in your search!!
workingoutgirl
workingoutgirl
United States
2002/09/08, 12:53 AM
Hi ya Bigbike (got to know how you came up with that name!) You responded to one of my posts so I wanted to say hi!
I'm getting back into the gym but what has been discouraging for me is no matter how hard I work my arms - they still look...like chubbetts in pictures. If I face forward and do that one muscle pose....its...ok...but from the side view....NOTHING>>>>DAMMIT! I've always heard its genetics so I must have crap genetics which is a BUMMER. Probably have to shed some body fat or maybe the 40 thing has the best of me..not sure! Anyway working out is better than becoming a couch potato! It is easy to put on weight after 40...or I hit something this year at 44......I mean...like I had to quit working out for the summer (did some road biking - you know.....pedaling my butt off stuff....but I sure am not going to fit in my leather jeans my boyfriend bought me if I don't shed a few pounds....! It just seems like all of a sudden...fat has found my middle and wants to stick around...but I DONT WANT ANY PART OF IT! Ok...off my pedestal....and its late............and I'm tired. :o)
EGChic207
EGChic207
United States
2002/09/10, 05:32 PM
the sports illustrated for women in the sept. edition has some they even got a 100 year old women lol!

--------------
Tiffany Der #10

"You have to make it through the rain in order to see the Rainbow........."