Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Need Advice on Arm Workout

CarolJ
CarolJ
United States
2003/02/13, 07:17 AM
I've been weight training for quite some time (4 yrs at least). I've reached the point where the muscles in my arms (biceps, triceps) are big enough. But, I still want to continue increasing muscle mass in other areas (shoulders, chest, back,legs).

Anyway, I have a split routine where I do my arms one day a week. (Mon: Arms/Shoulders, Weds: Legs, Fri: Chest/Back).

Should I keep working my arms, but with higher reps(currently I'm doing 15 reps-which takes a lot of time)?

Or should I decrease the amount of exercises for my arms (I do 4 different bi's, 4 different tri's, 2 sets of each).

Or, do you think I should totally give up doing exercises for the bi's and tri's? (since when I'm working my chest/back the bi's and tri's are getting a workout too.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can keep the muscle I already have in my Bi's/Tri's without bulking more.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/02/14, 02:37 AM
First advice would be to work your chest and back Monday and your arms and shoulders Friday (and shoulders before arms).
Secondly go for exercises who stretch your muscle while working.... Like inclined one arm biceps curls or triceps over head cable extensions. This works your muscles and gives a niiiiiice long stretch.
I work my arms once a week as well and like you I'm not really looking for more mass. I still do 3-4 diff exercises and 3-5 sets of each. Some sets are only 10 reps and other sets are up to 25 reps.
Good luck!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
CarolJ
CarolJ
United States
2003/02/14, 09:31 AM
Can you explain triceps overhead cable extensions to me. Do you do that while lying down on a bench? Thanks.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/02/15, 02:41 AM
Nope standing with the back against the cable (the upper one!), taking the robe in your hands over your head, bending your body slight forward, contract your abs and fix everything except the forearms who are pulling the robe/cable.

Got that one? (o; Come to France and I'll gladly show it to you!!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.