Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Legs/Stairstepper

Darlana
Darlana
United States
2003/02/02, 09:24 AM
After reading the posts about body shapes, I changed my routine 2 weeks ago, lifting heavy upper and less so in the lower body with more reps. I'm 5'6", 235, 40% body fat. Over this short period of time, I feel my legs are responding. Below is my routine and my questions.

Tues/Fri Legs - (3 of the following 2 sets of 10-20 - regular squats, lunges, straight leg deadlifts, sissy squats, step ups)

Sat Upper - body.

Sun/Mon/Wed - treadmill for 20 mins

6-8 mos ago when going to the gym, I started with 7 mins and worked up to 20 mins on the stairstepper and it really worked my legs. I am thinking about incorporating stairstepping back into my program. If I am only to work my legs 2 days a week, do I stairstep one of my 2 days and leave off the leg routine for that day or do it in conjunction? Can I stairstep on one of my aerobic days and still get in my 2 days of leg routines?

Thanks for your advice!

Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/02/03, 02:40 AM
To really be able to shape your legs one needs resistance and on the stairmaster you'll be doing cardio more than anything else. BUT you are already working your legs twice a week and since you need to loose weigth then yes why not include one day of stairmaster.

Another suggestion, try to do 3-4 sets of each leg exercise but divide them into two (so you wont do the same type of leg exercise twice a week).
Good luck to you!!!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
Darlana
Darlana
United States
2003/02/03, 01:38 PM
Thanks Philia. That's what I needed to know. With the change in regimen from 3-4 days of cardio to the 3, working the legs twice and upper twice, as well a real overhaul in my diet, wanted to continue on the right path. Today was my monthly weigh-in and measurement day and with the changes I had made, have lost 10 lb, 3 inches from hips, 3 1/2 from waist, 2 from thigh and 1/2 from calf. That was really inspiring! Thanks again for helping me fine-tune the program and hopefully another inch or two will be gone next month.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/02/04, 02:59 AM
Whhheeeeeeew a big congrats to you!!!!!!!!
That's great, you can be proud of yourself!!

Keep on staying strong (and beautiful) and just believe in yourself!! If others can do it so can you!!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.