Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Look forward to getting to know you all!

bodyforlifemom
bodyforlifemom
United States
2002/01/31, 07:19 PM
Hi All!!

Thank's for the warm welcome! I look forward to getting to know you all and getting some great fitness advice! While I by no means know alot about fitness, I am reading and absorbing all I can within reason of course. I am basically back after falling off the wagon in August. I started out in April of 2001 at 240 pounds had gotten down to about 188 by the begining of Sept. and then flip flopped around for several months. I gained about 10 pounds back, so came Dec 31 I faithfully promised to myself that this was it! No more FAT! So I rang in the New Year at 200 pounds and today I am 187!! So I am slowly getting to my goals! I workout totally at home using dumbbells, right now I am a little hindered with my choice of workout equipment. Let's say I have out grown the weights that I have,LOL.I am fixing to purchase a Treadmill and some Power Blocks and really throw down! So I am really psyched to get going 110%. Right now I am really concentrating on my nutrcion, which I have no problem. The love lifting weights, my biggest thing is cardio! LOL I much rather do weights anyday!! Well, I am off here to browse this great site! I didn't get to check it out to much the other night!

TTFN!
Laura
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/01/31, 07:28 PM
Sounds like you are doing better than you think. 13 pounds is a lot to lose in one month. Keep up the good work and don't lose too much too fast cause it will just come back if you're not careful. Sounds like you're having fun so keep up the motivation.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/01/31, 11:55 PM
Congratulations on your recent weight loss! Sounds like you are on the right track and really getting serious about improving your physique. Remember, there are great people here that can help...
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/02/01, 03:08 AM
It seems like you have lots of motivation which is great. It can be difficult to keep it up when working home alone (no gym nearby?).

I'm on a strict diet as well (but my goals are different) so I'm feeling with you bodyforlifemom!!! (o:

Just never forget, that we can do everything we want if we just keep up the disciplin and motivation!
bodyforlifemom
bodyforlifemom
United States
2002/02/01, 12:32 PM
Hi Philia!

Yeah there is a gym about 15 miles away, but it's finding the time to get there like I need to. I am fixing to purchase a treadmill and some power blocks. I house it pretty small, so I need to get the most bang for my buck with exercise equipment. With the TM I know I can get my cardio in on days that I don't do it outside and the power blocks replace a bunch of dumbells and take up way less space! I am debating on purchasing a 3-6 month membership to a gym, but personally I'd rater WO by myself. Don't have to wait on equipment and some people don't have good gym ettiquet so I don't wanna be sitting or laying in other peoples sweat,LOL. I have ALOT of online support! I have a few clubs that I am in on Yahoo and I also have my own support egroup on yahoo. So my motivation will never wain!

TTFN!
Laura
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2002/02/01, 07:26 PM
I work out at home in my own gym. I get my motivation from places like this and those who post for help. It keeps me focused!