Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

How to eat enough proteins

Philia2
Philia2
France
2001/10/29, 12:00 PM
Does anybody know a good idea how to eat more proteins? I mean I eat between 5 and 7 white eggs per day, one protein milkshake, one or two yoghurts, a little cheese and chicken breast and still a blood test I just took showed that I don't have enough proteins.....
I have to say that I'm tall, 6 foot tall and been weight training for 8 years now (not really serious though before the beginning of last year).
I'm sure that there most be something else than eating tons of meat and drinking 10 milkshakes per day....
Do you have any ideas how to put extra proteins in your diet an easy and not really noticeble way?
Thank you for your help!
- bien sportivement, Nina (o:
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2001/10/29, 12:12 PM
hey philia2..

I know this is a female exclusive area.. but I'd thought I'd add my opinion :)

Maybe you can get a box of protein bars.. I recommend the Lean Body for her bars.. they taste great and add a simple way of getting more protein without too much extra effort. Otherwise you seem to be on the right track.. may I ask what your weight is since it will determine how many grams of protein you need to consume each day.

.o0 Arnold 0o.
spanishgirl
spanishgirl
United States
2001/10/29, 06:47 PM
Yea...I have a similar concern....I need/want to eat more protein...and it can be tough. I also eat 5-7 egg white/day, bars and shakes, chicken breast, cottage cheese..and I am still lacking some grams. I think you already heading in the right direction,,,just stay focused...and train hard!
eener
eener
United States
2001/10/30, 10:35 PM
Protein bars are a good way of getting more protein easily,but it's better to get most of your protein from real food. You can have all sorts of lean meats, pork,turkey,lean chopped meat,tuna and other fish. The trick is to eat 5-8 small meals through out the day. It's not easy at first--takes planning ahead--bu it works!!