Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Cellulite.......EKK.......Help Wanted

erin4ever1990
erin4ever1990
United States
2001/06/25, 07:48 PM
I need the REAL scoop on cellulite. I am 37 yoa, have had five children and started recently with ft. I have always been a once a day eater since childhood and always highly active (go figure). However, I have a real problem with massive cellulite from the hips to the calves. When I calculate my body fat, it comes back at a low % (which I find that hard to believe), but what can I do??? IS there any real help out there for me? I am 5'8" and 160pds, but it feels as though 120 of it is in my thighs and butt. Help!!!
tt_rocker
tt_rocker
Saudi Arabia
2001/06/26, 02:56 PM

2 pts:
first of all you need to eat more often, try consuming 4-5 meals a day (apprx. every 3.5 hours) to keep your metabolism high. The second thing is that you need to concentrate on your lower body if it isn't as tonned as you want it to be. Try a variety of exercises like lunges, leg presses, leg curls, deep squats, inner/outer thighs extensions ext. In now time you will notice better results. Cardio can also help a lot, especially, the cycle machine for your case.

sandman1202
sandman1202
United States
2001/07/03, 09:09 PM
It's obvious that you want to lose mass in your legs, right?! So try to avoid mass exercises like squats, and dead lifts. Do a 15-12-15-30 exercise. This is the number of reps per set. If you're an ameteur lower each number by four. Remember that form is WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN WEIGHT. Even if you're a body builder this applies. As you use movement to tone the muscle, rather than weight itself, your body will develop a better muscular impulse. For a work-out to work you must FOCUS ON THE MUSCLE YOU'RE WORKING. Many people think that if you lift it you'll do just as good. These are known as fools. So in short, warm your lower body with 10-15 min. of cardio. Stretch each muscle for at least 30 sec.(don't forget your glutes). Keep to light weight exercises and focus on your form, and do exercises like lunges, stiff legged dead lifts, and leg curls for your hams. Then do extensions, hack squats(w/ no weight 20 reps. between extensions)and leg presses. Finally do a standing calve raise for your inner calves ( The Gastrocnemius muscle) and sitting calve raises for your distal portion. In between sets of calve raises do no weight calve raises(15 reps. hold each rep for a count of 4-6 sec.)BEST TO YOU.
erin4ever1990
erin4ever1990
United States
2001/07/03, 11:02 PM
Sandman...I appreciate your response, but I have one other question. I want to lose the cellulite but not weight, if that makes any sense. I am not over weight so to speak, but I have one of those "double body types" a cross between endomorph and mesomorph (so I have been told), I call it the ol'hour-glass figure. Would what you said still apply? Regardless, I printed out your response and thank you for passing on your knowledge.
faith26
faith26
Uruguay
2003/01/12, 04:47 PM
thats right, u should 4-5 meals a day (atleast 3), eat lots of fruit and vegetables,and drink lots of water (not fizzy)2-3 Liters a day. try to excercise ur lower body. try different workouts. and use creams, there are several that can help
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/01/13, 01:29 AM
This is a post written a long time ago but still and always an important subject for us women......

You're right faith, another thing: build up some nice shaped shoulders and back and your precious behind will look smaller!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2003/01/15, 07:02 AM
You say you do not want to "lose weight" but the cellulite is Fat, so in order to lose it you must lose fat weight. It is the only way. You simply need to lose fat and gain muscle. Until you are willing to do that the cellulite will not go away. If you are all ready very thin in the upper body the weight you will lose should come off in the lower body fairly easily. Women get thin in the upper body first, lower second. So take the advice of those above!!

--------------
Bloom where you are planted ! Leslie
Chickie
Chickie
United States
2003/01/18, 05:23 PM
Hi I am a newbie nice to meet you all .. this thread really interests me, having cellulite myself. Has anyone here who has had it, gotten rid of it?
Thanks in Advance ~
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/01/19, 02:00 AM

============
Quoting from chickie:

Hi I am a newbie nice to meet you all .. this thread really interests me, having cellulite myself. Has anyone here who has had it, gotten rid of it?
Thanks in Advance ~

=============
Oh yes lol that's why we are telling you that it's possible!! Hard work hard work and PATIENCE!!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
Chickie
Chickie
United States
2003/01/20, 08:01 PM
thanks for the reply and it is great to know it can be done !!
sarika1415
sarika1415
United States
2007/08/11, 12:45 AM
I know that getting rid of cellulite depends on each person's body type, but if I eat right and work hard as suggested in previous posts, how long should it take me to get rid of it?

I am very thin, 5'6, 109 lb yet I have LOTS of cellulite all over my thigs and butt. I dread summer time just because I know how horrid my cellilite looks. Thanks for your help!!
2007/10/05, 09:02 PM
Okay, so some biology about cellulite. We are dealing with subcutaneous fat cells (the fat cells that lie between your skin and your muscles). It's a very important layer, but the thing is, your skin needs to be attached to your muscles. That's why you can't pinch your skin and pull it out eight or ten inches (hopefully). Anyway, little threads of connective tissue "tie" your skin to your muscles by threading in between the fat cells. Think of those cells as little marbles. In women, those connective threads run straight up and down between the fat cells. In men, they sort of criss cross each other b/c they run at 45 degree angles diagonally up in between the cells. That angle is important b/c it keeps men from getting cellulite. You'll see why in a minute.

As women age, a few things happen to our subcutaneous fat cells. One: they get bigger. The little marbles become bigger marbles, mostly due to hormone changes during puberty. Secondly, those same hormone changes alter the chemical composition of the fluid that surrounds and bathes those cells. It gets sort of thick and sludgy. The result of that is that the fat cells get sticky and start to cling to each other, and instead of lying flat (side by side) they start to bunch up together in clumps. Imagine a bunch of grapes. These bunches of grapes bulge up between those connective threads, which don't stretch. So the dimple you see is the tight connective thread holding on in between a bunch of clumping fat cells.

So, how do you unclump them? That's all you need to do to make them lie flat again. Well, you can get a massage. The rubbing action breaks apart the clumps and the cells lie flat again (and that, ladies is the only active ingredient in a cellulite cream--the rubbing you do when you apply it). You can avoid certain foods that will make the fluid surrounding your cells even more sticky: sodium and caffeine. You can drink lots of water. Water will stimulate your filtration system (your kidneys) and speed up the natural flushing systems that are always working in your body. I'm talking about your lymphatic system, which is constantly filtrating the fluid that bathes your fat cells so that it doesn't become so sludgy that it gets toxic. Water will also dilute the fluid itself, which makes it less sticky. Lastly, there is some evidence (though I wouldn't call it conclusive) that chemicals in green tea improve the functioning of the lymphatic system, so that it will better filtrate the fluid around those cells.

Obviously, shrinking the size of those marbles will shrink the clusters of grapes, but it is critical to understand that there will still be grape clusters (and dimples). And all women have them! The only reason why supermodels don't have them is b/c they have starved themselves to the point that their fat cells are so tiny that there is a glut of space between their skin layer and their muscle layer. If they're not runway skinny and you don't see cellulite, thank photoshop.

Good luck, and remember--all women have cellulite. It's just biology.

--------------
\"We must be the change we wish to see in the world\" - Ghandi