Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

mysterious shoulder injury

BPP
BPP
Canada
2003/01/23, 03:32 PM
ok i am hoping that someone may be able to help me figure out what is going on. i've gone to my doctor he hasn't been able to definitively tell me what is wrong with it. i had x-rays they came back negative (looking for calcium build up, for a slight separation). i've had a friend that is 3rd year physio student give me her opinion which i value and has been more helpful than my doc. so here are my symptoms, i have a cold sensation that is mainly in the front and side delt. it is not an everyday occurance, it comes and goes, usually it is there a few days after exercise. there is some pain from time to time, it is dull steady pain, but not excruciating. i have full range of motion, and strength seems to be fine. i have resumed shoulder workouts the past 2 weeks to see how it feels (after 3 months off, i had been lifting nearly 2 years).
the cold sensation is still there as it has been for the past 3 months and very little minor pain.
i have researched the web for symtoms of various injurys to the shoulder and nothing seems to apply. i don't know what to think.
my friend the student beleives that it is a shoulder strain (muscles and ligaments, more so a stretched ligament) thus causing a restiction of blood flow to the area. does anyone have any idea's or similar experiences? i doubt it but thought i would ask as i don't have alot offaith in my doctor, like so many other ppl isn't. thank u for taking the time to read this, any feedback is appreciated.
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/01/23, 06:16 PM
when i first started reading your post, i was thinking circulation problem. now, 'why' is the big question. x-rays are basically worthless for muscle and connective tissue injuries, as well as blood vessel blockages, except in the case of tissue death. unfortunately, only an mri and/or sonogram will tell conclusively.

my 2 cents... and i hope you feel better!
BPP
BPP
Canada
2003/01/23, 11:04 PM
yeah i'd like to get an mri done to rule out any tissue/tendon/ligament issues. my doc didn't think it was cause no loss of range of motion or strength.
my friend (the physio student) brought it up in discussion in class today, the opinion of the prof was that it must be a pinched nerve. i hope he is right, i'd rather that than some sort of blockage. so he suggests that i get refered to a neurologist to get checked out. we'll see. i just want to know, and get it over with it is so frustrating. i did train tonight, chest the cold sensation is there as usual, but i am happy the workout went very well, my bench wasn't off much, although the endurance wasn't there, i had nothing to give the 3rd exercise in. not bad after 3 months.