Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Glutes Thighs

spartann
spartann
United States
2003/01/15, 04:18 PM
Hi,
I am new to this site. I am trying to work on my Glutes & thighs ONLY. I filled out all my details/goals/requirements etc - but when I looked at my 1st week's program, I am clueless. It
spartann
spartann
United States
2003/01/15, 04:21 PM
Sorry I clicked the send button early. Here is the full posting:

Hi,
I am new to this site. I am trying to work on my Glutes & thighs ONLY. I filled out all my details/goals/requirements etc - but when I looked at my 1st week's program, I am clueless. It gave me chest, abs & calf exercises - no mention on glutes & thighs. Am I missing sth here? Please let me know how to get the required program.

Thanks in advance.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/01/16, 01:25 AM
Youcannot ONLY work your glutes and thighs.......
Freetrainer will give you a full body work out INCLUDING legs and bum.

Better for you and better results.

Good luck!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
erirvine
erirvine
United Kingdom
2003/01/19, 06:14 AM
Only working one or two body areas is a bad idea, also although primary muscle gain is localised you also get secondary general gains due to hormone production. So you will get some benefit on your legs from exercising your arms. You also need to work support groups, strong thighs are no good if you can’t hold any weight safly. If you filled out your profile so I knew what you wanted (fat loss, power gains, toning, endurance) I might be able to give you some better advice.

As for why your advice came back without any leg exercises I don’t know, have you made sure there is not a mistake for example you accidentally clicked they should be avoided due to injury (sound silly but can happen). You say it only gives you chest, abs & calf exercises, you might be on a two week split, and next week you will get back, thighs forearms and shoulders? Are you only training once or twice a week?